Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

There’s been a few in this thread. For instance, check out this dude:

HATER.

In any event, I can’t believe I am the only one here that is refusing to watch it so I can go into it fresh in 2022.

Can we just blanket ban all the haters? Please? I am sick of it!

Don’t forget this jerk.

i think the sidekick is danny trejo and the robot dr is lance henrikson. Just by going by the sound of their voices.

I wasn’t talking about here, but in some other places I see quite a bit of posts like “meh, super underwhelming” and I just can’t help but roll eyes

Cybernetically enhanced eyes roll 480 degrees more dramatically.

coffee spit meets screen

I’m not the biggest fan of Control+Alt+Delete (web comic) but this cracked me up and mirrored my own thoughts on the matter.

Yeah, but anyone thinking that it wouldn’t have even the most basic surface elements being poked at in early development was being naive. The reason it got so much scrutiny is because of how much excitement there is for a follow-up to the The Witcher series set in a cyberpunk world. I’d have been worried if everyone just said “yeah, looks good, yay” and moved on. “It’s early development so we shouldn’t pay attention to it” is not something you want. People want to talk about it, and they want to draw other people in, so they’ll find anything that will do that.

For my part, I focused on the gameplay which I don’t expect to change that much from what was shown. It’s going to be first person, it’s going to be a shooter, and it’s going to be fast-paced. The rest of the game aside, if combat is a big part of the game, then dumbing down the difficulty will make it a playable experience for me. That’s really all I can ‘complain’ about without having hands-on experience. It also makes for very little conversation, hence the nitpicking that you see everywhere.

I don’t think that’s criticism, that’s just a personal preference and taste difference. If anyone has an issue with someone expressing that, well, grow up.

The nit pickers will still buy the game eventually. CDP’s real worry is the complaining about downgrades that mess up the initial PR campaign. Again, not that it matters in the long run.

How many puddles were in the trailer and how big were they?

I was so put off by the obviously wrong puddle physics and puddle pop-in that I didn’t bother to count.

Keep the Cosby talk in P&R.

Fuck yea! that’s one righteous clown if there ever was one!

He’s Got Talent.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will distribute this game to retail in North America.

Not a surprise. They did so for Witcher 2 and 3.

that’s just for the physical copy anyway so not much of an issue. still remember Batman: Arkham Knight which wb even had to remove from store to get it fixed.

CDPR just announced that they’re partnering “long-term” with Digital Scapes, a company started by ex-BioWare, ex-Relic, and ex-Radical folks on Cyberpunk 2077. Digital Scapes specialize in multiplayer, tool creation, asset production, and cloud.