Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

So there’s no “anti-hack” I can do? I would have thought there would be one.

Well if you’re a hacker, IIRC you can override the camera systems to get an eye on where they are and attack them remotely yourself.

I think there are some skills in the hacking related trees that counter or mitigate enemy hacks, but I can’t use those in my build so I’m not sure.

I’m all about pistols and stealth and now that includes a sandevistan. So it’s mostly silenced headshots or grabbing enemies from stealth for as long as I can get away with it, then going all matrix-bullet-time on them if I’m spotted or using that to flee if I’m truly overwhelmed. So far I haven’t had much trouble being hacked. When still undiscovered I’m taking people out before they react, when swarmed I can generally target the hacker before I’m in trouble.

I don’t know if that gets untenable later, but so far it’s working.

I linked my GOG and Xbox Live accounts and registered my Xbox copy with GOG on the Xbox but no joy-- can’t get my GOG PC version to see my latest Xbox saves.

And thanks for the tips @Dejin and @WhollySchmidt!

BTW I left RT on medium, minus reflections, and the game seems to run fine on my rig at 1440p. :shrug:

I still feel like a novice, I wouldn’t go so far as to describe my info as a “tip”! Just saying that from my experience so far, I haven’t been in situations where getting hacked was a major concern. Could very much vary based on your approach too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: cross-saves, I’m starting to suspect that the infamous bug is back whereby, because my Windows user ID has an accented character, there’s some issue with the software reading the path to the save games. For a long time I couldn’t do Cloud gaming on Game Pass through the Xbox app, or stream from my console to my PC, as a result of that bug.

My Windows and Xbox user names are plain old basic 26-letter alphabet and my Xbox saves aren’t showing up on PC. My Xbox games show up in GOG Galaxy, so I’m assuming my accounts are properly linked.

EDIT: I’m a dork. As @Papageno said, you have to create a new save after enabling. Cross-platform play confirmed. Now to start over from scratch…

Figured out what was happening: after you’ve set it all up, you then have to progress your game and create new manual/auto/quick saves on the platform of choice-- the system doesn’t automatically sweep up the most recent ones into the cloud by defaut.

Gotta say though, the game sure looks nicer with HDR on my LG OLED.

There are skills to lower the impact of enemy hacks, but as said upthread, the simplest solution here is the best, and most fun: seek and destroy.

(Not Johnny Silverhand, but makes much better music.)

So I finally grabbed this on series x and it’s freaking gorgeous! The voice acting is pretty top notch so far. Really really liking it though I’m barely a couple of hours in. I know there are a few quests that are cutoff points for going back. What should I not complete until I’m ready to go on? And are there timers on main plot lines or can I do the many side quests before moving on with what seems to be the first main story missions?

Distance or kill, sorry. However, I know where you are and that’s easily the most frustrating part of the game, enemy-hacker-wise. Just power through and it won’t be a big deal after that chapter.

There is only one real point of no return, and the game is very clear about telling you when you are approaching that point. It’s a ways in, story-wise.

The game also bombards you with all sorts of indications that time is of the essence and you had better get a move on, but none of that matters one whit. You can keep people waiting forever without any consequences (at least, in two or three play throughs I haven’t seen any consequences yet), and you can even ignore the main storylines big goad to action for as long as you like.

Once you hit the transition to the endgame, yeah, you can’t go back, but once you finish the game it puts you right back just before that point so you can continue to do whatever it is you want to do.

BTW, on PC, what are the settings for audio so that the dialogue on a 5.1 system actually comes out of the center speaker? “TV Speakers” or “Small Speakers” or “Home Cinema”?

I think those kinds of settings determine the ‘dynamic range’ of the sound, i.e. the difference between the softest and loudest sounds.

The thing I found most frustrating about it is I had no idea what was going on when I was getting hacked. All I knew was my health was going down. Once I read that it was due to enemy hackers, that at least made it somewhat understandable what was happening.

That’s what it says, yeah, but most PC games have settings where you pick between stereo speakers/5.1/7.1 etc. and I don’t see those here. It’s weird. I guess it just defaults to whatever the sound hardware’s control panel is set to. I guess I need to boost the dialogue volume.

EDIT: Don’t know how but somehow my trusty Logitech 5.1 system that I bought way in the olden times of 2006 had lost connection to the sound hardware. We had a split second power outage a few nights back and that might have been what did it. I was basically getting no subwoofer or rear speaker sound.

That was my experience, too. I had to go online to ask what was happening.

Yeah, seems like there was a quick popup or something explaining it but easily missed. Stealth is your best friend during that engagement.

May I ask what “Vasyan upload complete” means? I get a warning about it sometimes but it doesn’t seem to hurt me.

The game update, sale on steam together the anime release sure helped the game, it’s the higher number of people playing since the original release: