Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Seems like they were green, maybe boxes?

Yeah, I navigated to a couple of those gigs after all, including the one where a guy had some cyberware fused to his “junk” and it wasn’t going too well for him.

Main way to know is that when you get close to one, the fixer will call you and give you some background on the job, then call when it’s done to reward you.

If you played witcher 3:

gigs = contracts (your day job, to make money and raise streetcred)
sidejobs = sidequests (more involved jobs where you help various people)
mainjobs = mainquests

Thanks. Perhaps you know (or someone else here might) the answer to another question, this one about hacking: I know the trick about using the last item in a sequence as the first one in another, but will it also work with two items, in the rare case where one sequence ends with the same two items as the beginning two in the next one you want to enter?

I ask because in Brian Rubin’s recent video there was an instance where there were two sequences for quickhacks that had the same two items (BD, 1C, 55 etc.) at the end of one and the beginning of another.

Yes, it will work with two or more, if you’re lucky to get them. That said, the sequences also get shorter as your skill goes up, and easier if you’re up against, let’s just call them non-technologically hardened enemies.

Honestly I never really noticed, because the rewards for better hacks weren’t terribly compelling, so I would get at least one hack and if it was an easy one, go for the full string, but by and large as long as one took effect and I didn’t completely flub it was good enough for whatever engagement I was doing. There are a couple of job/story hacks where getting it perfect leads to a significant reward, but I always felt like I had enough time to get it done. Strictly a matter of how assed I was to study the board, since there’s no time limit before you start.

Hey guys (and gals)…I kinda blew up Jackie’s motorbike. I was doing a gig and parked it too near the action, and threw some grenades at the dudes attacking me when they were standing right next to it.

Is it like real life or will a clone of the bike come next time I call for it?

I’m pretty sure you’ll get a clone.

Yeah you can’t destroy the vehicles in your garage, not permanently. It’s all smoke and mirrors.

Which is good, because the driving is terrible in most cases.

Oh, and has anyone tried any of the mod compilation packs? They seem a PITA to install unless you have a premium Nexus account, because they have a bajillion little mods you have to download one by one it appears. But they also seem intriguing.

I’m not sure just what I want to mod though. I do think gunplay could use a boost, and quickhacks could use some tuning perhaps, but the mods for those are all over the place. I kind of like the idea of the mods that add more stuff to buy, and the ones that open up areas or improve mobility, but again, the trouble it takes to download, install, manage, and try out each mod is daunting.

I found the general installation process off-putting until I actually did it, but it turns out to be just extracting a zip to your Cyberpunk folder. Something like Flying Cars has about 6 things to download, but they are all short and trivial. I haven’t tried any compilations though. I don’t think I have Vortex installed.

Yeah, the big mod packs have dozens of files to download if you don’t have premium. The smaller ones are fine.

Even the Claim Vehicles mod that @Madmarcus mentioned above has a requirement of something called redscript, which you then have to do something special with if you use REDmod, ugh. Too complicated.

BTW for the GOG version, does anyone know how to skip the plethora of start screens that waste your time when you launch the game? I tried “–launcher-skip -skipStartScreen” minus the quotes in the Manage installation: Configure: Custom executables/arguments but it didn’t seem to work.

There are mods for the Steam version that delete those, though I can’t recall what they are called.

Speaking of REDmod, after watching that video someone linked to above it looks like you have to install it as a separate program. Wonder if that’s also the case if using GOG Galaxy. I’d assumed that when it downloaded it (after I “bought” it for free) it had installed it but maybe not. I do know that I hit the tilde key once in game and no console came up, so now I wonder.

Off to check “Apps and features.”

That was clever. I kinda miss that version of Jim Carrey. Loved his “Charleton Heston as Moses” impression there at the end.

I’d not played much with the map filters until today, when I was looking for a vendor, and they have a filter that shows all the NCPD callouts! I know what I’m doing for the next long while. HELPING THE CITY.

I’m trying to be a good person with my new V, but it’s so easy to chop off heads with a katana.

Let me tell you it was satisfying to go toe to toe with Oda and have him be the one to run away.