Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Yeah I think I tried DF’s settings but I think your standards are just higher :)

Actually it might have been the motion blur that was bothering me. I just lowered that and it felt a lot better on the Nvidia settings.

Yeah, I’ve played it on a 2070 and a 3070, with an AMD 3600 and an i7 12th gen CPU, respectively, and found the framerate to largely be fine at 1440p. YMMV of course, but I always turn off motion blur. I hate motion blur.

Yeah, killing motion blur certainly made it feel better, and with the all RT bits enabled it does look amazing.

3070 should be able to do stable 60fps in 1440p DLSS performance RT Ultra preset.
As long as CPU is good enough to feed 60 frames to GPU.

This is weird. Surfing around GOG today and came across this.

They are selling access to a third-party created online interactive map for CP2077.

I also thought it was weird at first, but well, I started to think about it, and it’s actually the same as those official physical ‘prima’ guides that big games had. 3rd party help material that cost money, and they have some kind of license with the publisher of the game.

The site is free but it has a ‘premium’ version with extra features, i guess they are selling that premium access. In fact, it’s the site themselves who are selling too this premium version, you can register with them directly.

What’s the consensus on this on PS5 these days? I loved Witcher 3, but never dived in, based on all the bugs and the fact that at the time, I only had a PS4. Is this worth $30 in near 2023?

It is one of the best games ever, so yes.

DrCrypt is asking about Cyberpunk 2077, not Witcher 3, though it’s worded poorly.

Doesn’t matter, the answer stands

Huh. That’s a pretty bold claim. I guess I’ll try to get in the mood for checking it out in 2023, so I’ll find out for myself.

This is correct.

Or, if you’d like to have more tempered expectations:

This is not Witcher 3 with guns. If you set your expectations on the RPG / meaningful choice a bit lower, there’s a pretty good game to be found, especially after all of the additional work that’s been put in post-release. There’s some great stories in the game, some very fun gunplay/combat, options for how you wish to approach the various challenges, and lots of open world “stuff” if that’s your thing.

It’s definite worth the time to play, but for me it didn’t hit the level of the best of the best - I’m not going to think about this game years later in the same way I do W3, RDR2, or Prey (Prey is probably just my own particular jam that few other people will share.)

Cyberpunk 2077 has rather excellent combat in general and a fabulous environment. It’s more of a shooter with a strong narrative and robust RPG components than, say, an RPG with lots of combat. Witcher 3 has much less satisfying combat IMO and a far better narrative and RPG structure. Both are great for different reasons (and both took a while to reach their peak).

I retract mine then :P

W3 is one of the greatest games ever made. Apart from graphics and maybe combat, cyberpunk was a huge step down from it in almost every way. A mile wide but an inch deep, and I enjoyed most of what I played of it. But it was not even in the same stratosphere as The Witcher 3

I’m way late to this party, but I absolutely love Cyberpunk, and loved it right away. I bounced off Witcher 3 more times than I can count, so…certainly to each his own sort of thing lol.

The moment to moment gameplay in CP is just amazing for me, it’s really hard for me to stop playing, as the “just one more police mission to boost my street cred” is really really strong. One of my favorite games of all time at this point, and I’m quite sure I’ll replay it at least 3 times just for different build ideas.

I also just got a new computer which is amazing, so this has been incredibly enjoyable in that regard as well. Being able to play a game like this with ray tracing on, and have it be like butter is heaven.

I agree that Cyberpunk isn’t as good as many other “greatest games of all time”. But I’ve done 3 full playthroughs of it. It’s got something special these other games do not. Maybe it’s the setting. Maybe it’s Keanu. Maybe it’s Maybelline.

I finally finished all the gigs, and man that is some lameness. It really shows how in some ways, even with all the updates, this game is just janky and unsatisfying. And don’t get me wrong. I love all the changes and updates they’ve done to the base game, but some of this stuff is just… Ugh.

When you finish all the gigs for a fixer, they send a text saying how awesome you are and how you deserve a reward and go to your stash to find it. It’s a custom weapon or vehicle. Great. That’s it. Like, how about a face-to-face goodbye meeting? They have the models. They certainly recorded a bunch of VO for the fixers to chatter at you before and after each gig. But nope. A text message is the best you get.

How are they even putting that weapon in your private stash? If they’re gonna lame out and text you the goodbye, just send the item through one of the countless drop-boxes in town. That would at least make sense with the world they’ve built.

Gah. So frustratingly close to being great.