Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Just as a warning, the Nomad start seems to be basically impossible at the harder difficulties due to unavoidable scripted damage during the chase. New issue in 2.0 they somehow missed.

So for Nomad, it’s probably better to bump down to Easy for the opening sequence and only switch to Hard once in Night City. That sequence is not representative of the difficulty of the rest of the game :)

I replaced basically every part of my setup during my initial at-launch playthrough. But not all at once, since the parts kept arriving piecemeal over a couple of weeks due to that being the time when there was a simultaneous drought on all hardware.

So I played the first 15 hours on a 3700k with a 1070 and a 27 inch IPS monitor. Ugraded the GPU to a 3070, played another 15 hours. Upgraded the CPU to a 5800X, as well as all the related junk like motherboard and memory. And then another 20 hours later a new 32 inch monitor.

Cobbling together real-world upgrades in parallel to doing upgrades and progression in-game was kind of awesome and felt very thematic.

Really happy with the new progression system and loot/crafting&economy in general. Playing as netrunner on Very Hard (also first time using smart weapons and loving it!) and I’m always excited when I’m able to upgrade a piece of my kit for a reasonable bump in power, but not overboard like it was pre 2.0.

Combat also feels much better now, I don’t know if they adjusted weapon handling mechanics but it sure feels like it.

Yeah, I felt that too. Hard even to describe what exactly changed, but the combat feels a lot better overall, and shooting is a lot more engaging than I remember.

Everything has been tweaked to be better. I was legit enjoying just driving around. So many open world games cock up the vehicles, but they are pretty fun now. I’m still seeing jank here and there, but it’s not really an issue. I have no idea what to spec my stuff into, but running around slashing people is pretty fun.

I did the Nomad start on Normal last night. No problems. The car chase part?

Yes, the car chase part.
I’ve tried about 6 times in Hard and always died in the same spot just before the end of the chase.
I’ve changed to Easy for this part because something felt off.

It’s sorta crazy how my task manager is showing all 24 threads on my Ryzen 5900X are churning at like 65% during cutscenes in this game. That can’t be right. Especially since regular gameplay is nowhere near that CPU heavy.

I reinstalled this and went with the female V based on this thread. Holy moly, the graphics are pretty amazing, aren’t they? I think I was on a 1080 when I played through it 2.5 years ago, the Jackie ride to the apartment on my 3080 looked like a BS pimped up trailer instead of in-game graphics.

Going to try stealth/blade for this one, usually I go pistols and stealth/speed or a hacker type. I think forgetting about dragging bodies and being nice should offset the necessity to still play things slow. If I wanted to race I’d just do that nasty Sandevistan build.

Loaded up a new game on this laptop with an i7 and a 1070 and even on low, it looked great. Also didn’t make the laptop catch on fire like some other recent games, which is impressive. Chose a FemV street kid. Eager to return to Night City. I’ve missed it.

One thing I noticed, well two. The first is, I had to uninstall all the folders associated with the game (or at least the ones that had contained/contained anything related to mods) to even get the game to start. This was with our without mods enabled from the launcher. Uninstalled, deleted the folders by hand, then reinstalled, and it worked.

The second is it took me a while and some digging to realize that a lot of the weapons I was picking up were not showing up in my inventory. Turns out they were flagged as broken and automatically broken down into components. The game doesn’t tell you much, though you can see that they are listed as broken sometimes if you are observant and hovering over them. Much of the time they simply get auto-disassembled and you don’t realize it. Kind of weird.

I have a bunch of mods installed from 1.6, and just turned off mods in the launcher and had no issues starting the game. Maybe you had a mod running that wasn’t installed to the typical mod file folder/structure.

After being an OP netrunner in v1.0, doing a no-hacking (well, minimal hacking) run-n-gunner is nice. It feels very different than the time-stop menu jockeying I am used to.

Since the firefights often turn into complete mayhem once enemies are alerted, planning and executing a route to control the chaos is quite satisfying. I don’t know if the enemies have different “personalities” but it often seems like the ones that are really aggro either rush you down for melee, or stand in the open to shoot. So they die first.

This leaves the guys who like to timidly plink from behind cover. I used to trade shots at a safe distance, but I’m finding in many scenarios V is agile enough to make a mad dash forward, then jump directly on top of their cover and deliver a shotgun blast point-blank to the dome zone or chesticular area. Good stuff.

But the default aim assist when using controller is a little light and a little finicky.

Not only that, the gameplay feels SMOOTH. It’s really mind boggling to me that this is the same engine as TW3 and how well it translated into FPS in the end (at launch it was ok, but not nearly as good as it is now).

I started speccing into TECH tree to augment my netrunner skills, the middle branch seems insanely powerful with all the bonuses to cyberware. It feels like the rate at which you get perks is a bit slower now, which is great because I actively have to think about what I’m going to next.

Also, are the stats you can pick with the Cyberware connoisseur randomly rolled? I could swear I got different options on a piece of I rerolled another one first.

It’s very possible. It’s been a while since I fired up the game and it was modded to hell and back at that point.

People returning to the main game!

Am I missing something? I keep encountering random street crime and I get the message in game that I can neutralize the threat and reap a reward from the NCPD. Except the NCPD attacks me afterward every time.

What else would you expect from the NCPD??

Any chance you already had heat (I think they call it?) when you decided to do your civic duty? Or accidently popped some caps in bystanders?

Also, what MikeOberly said!

I think the trick is I have to wait for them to attack me first. And, yeah, avoid hitting civies. But it feels awfully inconsistent. Like, I’ve gotten the reward and the cops still attack me. Including what I assume is an undercover police officer. All I know is that a woman in what looked like a prostitute outfit screamed in a male voice “NCPD” and started shooting at me.