Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Good idea. Seconded :)

I third this.

Yeah, I glance at this thread hoping to read more info on the actual game and gamplay, skip through all the hand wringing, then go to other forums talking about the game itself. If someone wants to start a thread in P&R on the portrayal of women and LGBTQ people in games, go for it.

Amen/Fifthed/etc.

Oh just started reading his thread… isn’t this game still two years out? Uh I came in to ask why anyone would buy this now…I mean…

But it does look cool.

(in all seriousness why on EARTH would you pre-buy a game at least a year and a half out …have you guys seen these steam sales?? Plus what Cyberpunk universe doesn’t objectify women …hell the whole Witcher series did that – let’s just get over it and see what they do)

About 9 months out, actually.

You are such an optimist I would love to know you better… you would cheer me up during the down times.

Now wave your hands in the air!

But seriously, I’m not an optimist, the release date is April 16th, 2020.

I am actually a horrible pessimist.

Considering for years CDPR were just saying it would release “when it’s ready”, but now they’ve committed to an actual date, I suspect it’s a reasonably firm one they are confident in.

And also considering that CDPR have promised this game to Sony and MS for current gen consoles, they’re going to need to hit that release date.

I have a feeling if they asked for additional time, along the lines of 4-8 weeks lets say, they would be allowed it. But that would be the biggest gap from the release date, it wouldn’t be a longer delay than that unless something catastrophic transpired.

Oh hell fine.

Is this still relevant? Not towards you, but to the controversy. More P/R so I deleted it. (on the miniscule chance you haven’t seen these, they are great. Many more in the link)

https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Mike_Reed's_Flame_Warriors

Great interview here: https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/17/cyberpunk-2077-preview-and-interview-i-just-love-my-work-9973737/

Ah, Flame Warriors. A classic.

I get this sentiment, but it’s also a bit weird to want a forum thread to basically just reiterate what you could get by setting up a Google Alert. For me, by definition a discussion forum thread is for discussion. And the discussion here is topical. But sure, as one of the biggest offenders, I’ll acquiesce and reserve the thread for preview reax, slow dribble PR, and breathless anticipatory paeans for the next 9 months.

If you feel like this is the right venue for discussing your opinions on the matter, don’t let me stop you.

Let me stop you!

I tend to agree with you.

If people think it would get too buried in P&R, why not create a ‘catch all’ thread in the Games section called ‘Social Issues in Games’ or something like that?

Can’t you guys just block it out for awhile? It’s not like important game news is being lost in the mix here, the game is almost a year away.