Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Everything upsets some people. That’s not actually a useful metric for anything.

Indeed, but I feel that some people are not prepared to accept that they might be upset with perfectly good reason. I try not to be judgemental about aspects of life I have not experienced.

This is providing a useful illustration of why I usually don’t bother entering discussions of these topics on the internet, so thank you. At no point, ever, did I “shrug anything off” because it doesn’t bother me personally.

The literal extent of my own opinion offered here thus far, has been that I’m not sure what to make of the discussion around this in-game ad. That was it.

Beyond that, I’ve simply pointed out that trans people themselves seem to agree and disagree, along many of the same lines being drawn in the discussion here.

Mike Pondsmith is so awesome

The interaction between @moss_icon and @ShakesMcQueen is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to avoid by moving the trans discussions elsewhere, for what it’s worth. No one should get riled up in a video game thread.

People get riled up in game threads all the time. :)

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

Anyway, to get back on topic - I hope the final game manages to retain the detail from last year’s gameplay demo, where you first leave your residence block to go outside, and there’s pedestrians EVERYWHERE.

That moment when you first go outside was the moment that blew my mind about this game, and had me convinced that it must be next-gen. The people just milling around, and waiting for the crosswalk to light up, and talking to one another. And the sheer scale of the verticality, when you looked up at the buildings around you too. It was incredible.

This game releasing on current gen consoles has me a little concerned about what details might get lost in the struggle to make it run on the ancient Jaguar APU.

Mass Effect: Andromeda was the best ME.

What are your thoughts on the ending of Mass Effect 3 or Epic Game Store exclusives?

I’ll help: The Witcher series has fantastic gameplay.

They should release a ‘True’ Mass Effect 3 ending and it should be exclusive on the Epic Game Store. And be bundled with Civ 6.

Is it working?

RoboCop 3 is the best RoboCop movie.

I think you might be surprised. The most enlightening look back at the Witcher 3 for me was how they had a team of writers who were working on world building and writing background stories and quests long before they had the technology built to put all that into the game. I have no doubt they’ve been doing the same with this world. Of course the gameplay will be a first person shooter with RPG flavor, so make of that what you will. If that part is inherently teenage power fantasy-ish, then it will still be so.

George RR Martin is a hack, Beinoff and Weiss are better writers than he is.

Anyway, yes, please. For the love of gaming.

Yes, I have been avoiding this thread specifically because of this. Back to the game please…

Games are either bullshit inconsequential throwaway entertainment unworthy of “serious” discussion, or they can be art with something to consider that resonates outside the confines of the digital space. I think they can be both, so having something to discuss a year out that isn’t just variations of “Keanu OMG” or “I hope they do X in the game” is a sign of healthy interest.

People are free to be upset as much as they like, and others are free to not give a damn about it.