Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

Hopefully not :) I think this is about the timescale I might think about upgrading on if there were a benefit.

I think the following things are possibly in the ballpark maybe:

1. We’re getting awfully late in the dev cycle for this game, and CDPR needs a new flagship product in the marketplace.

2. There are probably benefits to being late in the lifespan of a current generation when you launch. I’m guessing far fewer surprises with the existing consoles

3. Rockstar and GTA V did a pretty good job of showing how to do this in the last generation, and I’d expect that CDP may do something similar. With CDP not making PC fans wait on the game, though, it’s possible we could see a PSV/XBOXwhatever version of 2077 in 2021 or 2022 that takes advantage of that new console hardware.

With Witcher 3 coming to Switch of all places, it would appear their engine(s) scale quite well too.

There is zero doubt about that. PC gets next gen version now, consoles will get it when they launch.

I’ll spend most of this game doing motorcycle burnouts.

Oh is this on? Someone summarise for the workers :)

Man, that seems just amazing!

Can’t wait to take two weeks off work when this comes out like I did for Witcher 3

If my goal’s to cool down why do I have my pants on?

So is the feeling that the PS4 version of this is going to be severely compromised?

The 4k version looks better than the original stream, that’s what I am talking about!

When isn’t this true, when compared to PC in particular. It’s not h ard to assume this will be best on PC and then a slick new edition will drop for next gen console a year after it releases.

I know it’s just me and I skip through stuff like this but my impression was of a lot of grey concrete :/

Seems weird to think they’d do a bad job for the bulk of the current market though right? I know Remedy for one have just done that with Control, but have other recent hits moved on from the original consoles already?

One of the things CDPR is noted for is doing a bad job for the current market though.

Is that sarcasm? I can’t remember what they’ve done on console.

They didn’t do a bad job - the game, even in a compressed stream on Twitch/YouTube, looks very good. You just have to not skip around and look only at the concrete. :)

Well I mean the base console versions. I’m willing to be convinced on the concrete thing :)

Yeah. :)