Cyberpunk 2077 - CDProjekt's New Joint

That was exactly my first thought too when I read rhamorim’s post.

Even if it’s not overdue, more developers <> automatically more progress, especially if they’re not the same ones as did W3 :) However, CDPR are better at their jobs than I am, so it’s still just wait and see.

It’s good news that it’s in full production (at last). They can afford a AAA dev team now, so why not?

They already threw at the Witcher 3 project many more people than they did at the Witcher 2… and it worked. So maybe they know what they are doing.

Pretty sure it’s good news in this case.

I hope it is Paul. I couldn’t stand seeing your broken heart if it weren’t :-(

I’d live, my attachment to cyberpunk is zero compared to Witcher. That said I do like the setting and there are precious few games with it, so it better be good :p
Squeenix needs some competition.

I had zero attachment to The Witcher and am far more intrigued by this setting, not only because it’ll feel fresh(er) to me for the exact reason you say, that there are few games using it, but also because of the quality of work that CDPR demonstrated with TW3. Definitely high up on my watch list these days.

Keep in mind that, when I said “good news”, I meant “oh look, Cyberpunk 2077 left the pre-production phase and moved into the development phase and it’s already at full speed!”. No one knows at this point how good the game will be - I’m just glad that they’re working on it proper.

Is Witcher 3 done at this point? Will there be more DLC?

Hopefully they are working on an official first-person mode patch. :)

As far as we know… it’s done. No more DLC is planned. Though future patches are possible, they’re unlikely. They might release editor/modding tools, but there’s no plan for such that I know of.

Right now, it seems they’re completely focused on Gwent and Cyberpunk 2077. The pre-production team might be working on something else, though, as CDPR had mentioned something else in the works there, still unannounced.

CDPR filed for grants in Poland through their GameINN program for Cyberpunk 2077. The filings technologies including ‘City Creation’, ‘Animation Excellence’, ‘Cinematic Feel’, and ‘Seamless Multiplayer.’

http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1077

[quote]
Seamless Multiplayer - a complex technology for making unique multiplayer gameplay mechanics, including the ability to search for opponents, manage game session, replicate objects, and support for different game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools.[/quote]

None of this necessarily means “Seamless Multiplayer” will be in the final game, but the filing does indicate the studio’s desire to work on it.

:(

I saw this necro thread being bumped to the top; and my heart skipped a beat

the number one game in the universe I am looking forward to beyond eveything else

Now I need to take a walk…to calm down…

I’m gonna watch that sweet ass trailer again now.

When the thread was bumped? What happened when you saw a frowny face and an ominous form letter from CDP? I thought it was cancelled.

Man, I sure did too. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hahahah. I had assumed an overreaction to some kind of news of a delay. Cancellation didn’t even occur to me, since the game is so far out.

How interesting could these documents really be though? I just figured Cyperpunk would be Witcher 3 with guns.

Probably just the Gwent 2077 ruleset.