Cyberpunk 2077 - PC technical thread

Just a quarantine zone for us PC folks looking to complain/exult over performance.

Also share tips.

I have a GTX 1050 Ti with 4gb ram and I’m stoked to hear that’ll run this fine at 1080p. 4pm, here I come!!

This is a brilliant idea - yes if we could please firewall all the PC gobbledygook in this thread, would be ever so helpful!

Bookmarking… ;)

So my video card is good - GeForce RTX 2070
I just upgraded to 24gb RAM (had 8).
But my processor is an i5 4590 3.3gHz - I know this is old, but it comes back to the gpu vs cpu. I am HOPING that the other aspects will carry me through, although I know that is not how this works.

I hope the issues with the latest Nvidia drivers get sorted, I had to do a roll back because it wasn’t working at all and messing up my colour management. I am sure my 1080TI could use the driver boost.

The PC version has a slider for pedestrian population, but the setting is located in the “Gameplay” section. So be sure to experiment with that before drawing firm conclusions, because it can have a meaningful impact on performance.

Insomniac just updated Spider-Man Miles Morales with an option for 60 fps and ray-tracing, and it reduced crowd sizes to hit that framerate. So it can be a factor.

Still on my i7-7700k and 2080 , hope to be able to play with RTX on at 1080p @ 60fps. :)

Ok 3080 here and these drivers scare me. Installed new one and it meditatively kicked the GPU fans into overdrive and the software couldn’t turn them back down. Sounded like a leaf blower. Had to turn off pc completely and get past the POST fully into windows where they finally went back to normal. Yikes :)

Tread lightly they feel rushed.

I’m banking on their being one key graphics setting that kills framerate but doesn’t contribute much to desirable looks, like volumetric lighting in Monster Hunter World. Otherwise I think this is going to crush my brand new 3070.

Well that makes my 2060 sad.

Well that’s with full RTX. Just play the game in last-gen! I might end up doing the same.

All the new GPUs are obsolete. D:

I installed the Nvidia driver and nothing noteworthy happened. Did a clean install so I was expecting to redo my color settings. My 3080 fans are the same as they have been since I installed it.

Just an FYI, but I installed the drivers and nothing happened, nothing unusual at least. Seemed like a normal driver update.

Thread about the new drivers on Reddit looks like people with 1080Ti’s are having lots of issues. Everything seems ok on my 2080Ti so far.

Yea, looks honestly broken for 1080 TIs

Glad nobody else had the Nvidia Fan test like me.

Seems fine now but that was odd.

May be related to this open issue:

[G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase
in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566]

Hmm interesting. I hit that qualifier. Fans currently off at idle though. Chalking it up to a ghost in the machine and moving on.