D&D & sex: leader of the pack

Title D&D & sex: leader of the pack
Author Rudy Basso
Posted in Features
When November 29, 2012

With the intro fight thugs dead, James got the pre-written adventure provided by Wizards of the Coast into full swing. The mayor told us how his town had been harassed by a Medusa and her loyal band of kobolds, but it had recently stopped (which was great!)..

Read the full article

Don't tell me it's over... These were great!

So... Your website has returned to its dead, shit state after the Halo hell-storm. Good riddance.

Oh, is this like one of those crappy indie movies where there is no ending? Because, if it is, boo.

Really, these were a bit unfocused. I'm still not sure what they were about. Was it about trying to get the girl? Was it about the game you were playing? All I got out of it was that the two competing guys were kind of dicks.

RPGs with women are interesting and different... but little of that comes out here. My experience has been that women will tend to look for the best solution, not necessarily the violent one. You cover that, sort of, but don't make a real point of it.

Still, it was somewhat interesting... 2.5/5

So was this just a really bad idea for a semi-fictional framing narrative with which to examine the D&D Next rules? The clumsy "here's how this new rule works" paragraphs seem to suggest that was the case. Hmm. Doesn't seem to live up to the usual standard for this site.

By the way, there are plenty of open, non-railroady 4th Edition adventures. They really figured out the formula during the last few years of that edition. I recommend the excellent Reavers of Harkenwold. Also the Chaos Scar series.

I agree. Don't listen to these guys. This series is awesome.

Geez, I I didn't know this was supposed to be a morality play. That was short, sweet, and like all good things, leaves you wanting more. I look forward to more of your writing. (This was a lot more relatable to me than your UFC series.)

What kind of life does someone lead where leaving a comment like this is personally rewarding for them and worth the time it took to wrote?

I've found this series to be thoroughly entertaining.

Corrections:
"offer more than they [sic] cult does"