Daggerfall Unity

It freaking better be.

I also forgot how great that simple opening cinematic is.

October updates posted today:

New Builds Announcement
Updated Roadmap

Yum!

Is this using the original music? It won’t be the same without.

It’s an open-source engine revamp, not a remake. It uses the original game files.

I think a big barrier is the creation of art, IMO. There are more hobby game engines out there than there is art to fill them all with.

/scratches head

This one is gotten waaay farther than I thought it would. It appears that the team somehow managed to stay on the right side of the project interest:project completion curve. I’ll think I give this a quick run-through to fill up my VENGEANCE reserves.

While it’s getting closer to completion, here’s a player that does a lot of videos trying out mods, texture packs, and demoing bits of gameplay:

Due to all the new stuff squeezed in this month, they did another October build release:

Announcement for October 29 Build Update
Download Builds

Daaaaammnnn.

May builds are up:

Announcement for May Builds
Downloads
Roadmap and Status

Now available (still free) on GOG for everyone.

Wow, this looks pretty darn fantastic.

I considered posting here but preferred a 13 year necro!

Neat thing about this release is that someone attached a bunch of cool mods to the base DF Unity build. So it’s pre-modded and ready to go for all of you lazy gits out there!

Oh that’s very cool!

I’ll wait for feedback in this thread from someone who has tried it. I can’t even go back to Morrowind because I dislike the combat so much compared to Oblivion and Skyrim. So even though I’ve never played Daggerfall, I can’t imagine that it has better combat than Morrowind.

Edit: Ok, I take that back after reading some of the forums. It sounds like they have modded in controller support. So maybe combat is better than Morrowind after all.

This is the type of competition amongst digital gaming stores I would like to see more of. Here GOG did something admittedly small, but nonetheless very cool that Steam and other stores do not offer.

Wow, this is awesome. I’ve been waiting for this to be ready for prime time. Downloaded and installed.

So far so good. It’s got a crazy amount of customization options. I set the FOV to 90. We’ll see how that looks.

I made it out of the starter dungeon at level 2 and to the city of Daggerfall to sell my dungeon loot. I ended up setting my FOV to 80. 90 was just too much.

So far I’m having a blast. There’s been a lot of nice improvements and the experience is pretty impressive. If you’re curious about the game and like old school RPGs I do recommend trying it. I’m playing with all the mods turned on (which is the default). They make a difference in a very good way.

Hahaha. Amazing coming back to this.