Daily Little Big Planet 2: taking a flamehat to this place

Title Daily Little Big Planet 2: taking a flamehat to this place
Author Christien Murawski
Posted in Games
When February 7, 2011

Hoo-ah! Eco-Thecno factory's inside run race. Or as I like to call it, the Chatty Cathy Level. The little characters in this level have plenty to say to me, warning me of danger and being surprised I got so far..

Read the full article

Good lord someone had an enormous hard-on for Little Big Planet 2 back in the day. Was this game even that popular in the big scheme of things? GET A ROOM

Christien didn’t even like Little Big Planet 2 that much. I mean, I’m sure he liked it okay, but the point of this series was to get him to write stuff regularly. Whatever downloadable level he used for any given entry was sometimes just a jumping off point for him to talk about whatever he wanted.

-Tom

All right, the next time we do that exercise, can we select a game that has some kind of staying power or cultural permanance to pair it with? I dunno, Minecraft, or Team Fortress 2, or … something?

I guess it’s kind of telling that 99% of video games are more or less completely forgotten within 5 years. BRB firing up Space Bunnies Must Die for a quick game.

You just made Sackboy cry.

Wait, was that the name of that thing? Sackboy? That can’t be right. That’s a horrible name. Bagboy? Sackman? BurlapBud? But I’m sure that there’s still a vibrant Little Big Planet community out there. They probably have, like, their own Yahoo group or something.

-Tom

Dude. Where’s the product placement?

💥 BAM 💥

Now that I think about it, playing a new game every week and writing about that would have been way more interesting… and more useful… wouldn’t it?

There’s no way Christien was going to play a new game every week. He’s not like us. He’s a normal person.

-Tom

I haven’t found any of these entries yet. Most of the entries I’ve searched for return articles like this one above us, which is completely about the level, not about anything else. You had my hopes up for a hidden series of articles by Dingus about stuff other than Little Big Planet 2.