Dara O'Briain - I love Video Games

Best laugh I’ve had in a long time. Thanks for the link. Off to watch more.

Wow that was great. Thanks!

Awesome.

This guy hasn’t really been on my radar and it appears I need to rectify that. I love people who mix science with comedy.

Great delivery, really. “Aw, Snake…”

“Well, science knows it doesn’t know everything… otherwise it would stop.” :-D

That was brilliant. Thanks!

He’s amazing, one of my absolute favourite comics! Although it does help he’s from down the road :)

Bleedin’ Wickla.

I think I heard the alternative medicine bit on a mic-spam night on the PoE TF2 server. It’s pretty great, and I’m glad to find out where it came from.

“get in the fookin sack”

I agree, one of my most favoritest comics for years now. He’s amazing

He’s from Wicklow?? Never new that, grew up in Bray myself.

Yep, he’s from Bray. In some of the videos on Youtube he tells his audience that he’s from Dublin but that might be for the sake of simplicity.

Thanks for the clip, it was hilarious.

That was my favourite line. It sounds like my performance in a lot of video games. :)

There are a LOT of British comedians like that. I find Charlie Brooker (who may or may not be more of a presenter) to be hilarious, and the guy who looks like a British Michael Ian Black that’s on 10 O’Clock Live with him is good, and Dara’s old coworker Frankie Boyle is absolutely spectacular, though I’m not sure how likely it is that he’ll ever be able to find regular work given his propensity for getting everybody pissed off at him.

If you have access to British television, O’Briain hosts a comical news quiz show called Mock the Week. The closest analog in America would probably be Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me on NPR, but with more funny and less actual news.

Oh Brian.

He’s not doing standup and started as a games journo - but he’s excellent and Britains closest thing to Jon Stewart… but more acerbic.

and the guy who looks like a British Michael Ian Black that’s on 10 O’Clock Live with him is good,

Jimmy Carr - less erudite and more dirty. Not as clever imo, but good. But he likes to offend, but often goes for the cheap crass joke.

and Dara’s old coworker Frankie Boyle is absolutely spectacular, though I’m not sure how likely it is that he’ll ever be able to find regular work given his propensity for getting everybody pissed off at him.

He’s my most recent find. He’s dark as hell and cleverly offensive.
Here’s the greatest bit from Mock the Week with some fine interaction from Dara as well:

Considering Craig Ferguson started out as Bing Hitler, cleaned up and became an American citizen and talk show host, I guess Frankie could do it too. But I doubt it.

But this is more for the “Recommend me a stand-up comic (that is interesting)”-thread…

When do Bray people not tell people they are from Dublin? ;)

I’ve enjoyed Jimmy Carr’s appearances on QI very much.

Jimmy Carr was superb when I saw him many years ago. Absolutely destroyed a heckler.