Daredevil (Netflix)

I couldn’t stop watching, so finished this up tonight. While it was fine, last episode wasn’t as good as the others - it also seemed stylisticly off, way too much time spent in daylight and full-on sun, which was a departure from the rest of the show.

Loved the van scene, where he tells the story - so awesome. I still find the beatings and combat a bit silly - I do wish shows would use more realism in their fights, and stop allowing people to take so many hits before being destroyed - especially since these guys aren’t superheroes either.

Anyways - great great show, and I’m glad I looked past the violence and watched it. I kinda think its the True Detective show of the superhero genre!

A whole lot more info about Season 2 is about to hit…

— Alan

Supposed date for Season 2 is March 25.

— Alan

I still like the 'beginner’suit better.

Looks like Season 2 is March 18th.

Teasa traila!

Love the final visual transformation of the central image.

And the second trailer:

Time for some nachos! (Affleck DD movie joke.)

— Alan

Please God, no backflipping ninjas.

Please God, only backflipping ninjas.

Ninja Gainers or GTFO.

Final trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMC7H23-sMs

3 days to go!

— Alan

Ninjas!!!

I’ll be in my bunk.

I ain’t even watching the trailer, I’m so on board with Daredevil S2.

Damn but that does look good. I know what I am doing this weekend.

Hmm, yeah. that was pretty fancy. I did really like some of the choreography in S1, the fight in the hallway stands out as 3 of the best minutes of television I’ve seen in years, and look forward to what they can do in season 2. Being unencumbered by the origin story and with more confidence in their success I could see this stepping up their game.

Bring on the war.

I made my son promise me we won’t binge this in a single damn weekend. I want to savor it, even if that’s just over the course of 8-10 days.

Given that it debuts a couple of days before my Calc 2 midterm, I’m gonna have to take it real slow… Unless I feel like retaking this hell class…

I’ve spent the last two weeks rewatching season one and now I’m just terrified there’s no way season two can live up to that. Still excited though.