Dark Matter

Let’s bump this threat!

Found out the second season has just started. After watching first episode:
Story just continues from the end of first season. Things are kinda going slow. Not necessary a bad thing… Hope the pace picks up.

The latest episode was good enough, but really just going through the motions of what is laid out at this point.

The main thing that disappointed me was:

Two killed Jake Corso. Who is writing this show? They had a foreshadowing episode where their memories got overwritten with the version stored in the computer. Then after Corso killed One, they had no reason not to wipe him with One’s memories. But Two just shoots him. Seems like a lost opportunity.

Just binged this week the first two seasons on Netflix and absolutely love this show! As cheesy as it was I loved firefly, but as a whole this actually surpasses it. Grittier, better production values, better world (galaxy) building, taken as a whole, great show. Can’t wait for season 3!

Glad to see Season 2 is now on Netflix.

I’m probably the only one that cares, but canned after season 3. I enjoyed this show (haven’t seen season 3 yet).

EDIT: I should link sources. http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/dark-matter-cancelled-syfy-1202545344/

Nope, this has been a consistently excellent show for me every episode, and this is news I had not heard, and I am saddened by it. I’m only an episode or two behind on the season, I hope they gave it a proper ending and not a cliff hanger…?

That’s a shame, this has been a really excellent show.

Agreed - it’s been a great show, and I’m sad to see it go.

This is silly. Dark Matter and Killjoys are a great compliment to one another…why give one show two more seasons while cancelling the other? Both have interesting plotlines, likeable characters played by decent actors, and both have strong female characters. They’re twice the quality of most other shows on Syfy, and every bit as good if not better than a lot of the super hero stuff drawing viewers on other channels.

I guess with the money they save on Dark Matter they can pencil in another few seasons of Face Off and a Sharknado sequel or two. Ugh.

The wife and I have been watching Dark Matter from the beginning. This season (we’re about halfway through) has been the weakest in terms of performance/direction(?), but the story is developing in an interesting direction, and the characterization is starting to improve. Still, we both find many many times during each episode where we look at each other like, “God damn that was horrible” either with some poorly acted bit or some hokey thing they threw in for who knows what reason.

Neither of us will miss it. Sorry to be a downer, I just wanted to say that there are other opinions on this show.

I gave up on the previous season after that alternate universe episode. Had enough of that on Star Trek.

I think it’s important. Because I’ve gone into threads and seen people raving about something and picked it up only to find out later that there are just a handful of people who are diehards and it turns out there’s a lot of people who dislike the thing. I’ve been caught by that trap enough times now that I want to see (and provide) differing opinions.

Like I said, I’m not just here to be a downer.

It kind of ends on a cliff hanger. Maybe they will give it a movie to finish things up.

Sorry that they cancelled Dark Matter. It was by far the best of their 3 summer shows. Killjoys is ok but it’s so uneven. Wynonna Earp is one of those shows that is fun if you don’t need any semblance of continuity or logic in your shows. They are both shows where you really don’t want to examine them too closely, it’s better just to turn off the brain and enjoy the ride. Dark Matter could get out there a bit but it was a far better written show than either of the other two. This move reminds me of the old SyFy and not in a good way.

My biggest knock against this show is that every single episode ends on a cliffhanger, which led to me waiting for season 3 on Netflix so I could binge watch… oops. I’m part of the reason it got canned :(

The last episode is a cliffhanger where the ‘dark matter’ title finally becomes a part of the show. Literally giant black ships from another universe.

I thought Killjoys did a better job stretching an equally cheap budget. They managed to shoot sets that didn’t all look like the same stage. But I haven’t been very into it in season 3. The show really benefited from Khlyen being a psycho super competant villainish figure in the background in the first couple seasons. And the mysteries of the show seemed like they had planned exactly two seasons, and now they have to keep going.

Netflix Canada got Season 3 last week. Just finished binging it. Most of Dark Matter was a fun watch. I don’t know if anyone else would still be interested, but the show’s producer / creator gave us some cliffhanger closure:

That’s pretty cool, thanks. Still pissed they dropped the show.