Dark Souls 2 PC

Is the Iron Passage located down a side passage that is found as you descend the circular Brume Tower room? If so, I made a note of it than forgot to go back.

The Graverobber Trio has been an active aggravation for me. I need to find someone to go murder them as the NPCs aren’t up to snuff. The hike back to them is also pretty frustrating. I haven’t even tried Blue Smelter or the Winter challenge area, given how annoying the Graverobbers are.

Yeah you do for one of them, as the beach area is locked behind the statue in SotFS.

Edited: Disregard what I first had here if you saw it … yes, Iron Passage was accessed via the down elevator there in Brume Tower. Then you needed to have the Tower Key to unlock a door that was there. If you are going to go back and do it, let me know and I can get you better directions but it sounded like you are done with the game now.

I agree they are a frustration. I did beat them using the NPCs. Most likely it was made easier because I must have wiped out everything before you get to them. I didn’t end up killing them in the “right” order either, I think I got the Graverobber first, followed by the heavy hitter guy, then the archer guy was left with me and one surviving NPC.

Strangely enough, your post (and a bit of leveling through the Ivory King DLC) made me decide to go back and retry the fight and I pretty well aced it in one shot, in exactly the order you did no less (with the two NPCs). For whatever reason, it felt like they survived much longer in the more recent fight but that may have been a function of my running to the fog door much more quickly and healing them before we got started. Praise the freaking Sun.

You can solo them with very little skill, but a lot of patience.

You just put up your shield and circle, circle, circle, circle and circle around until one of them is alone then backstab him when he hits your shield. Jumping down into the water or getting them to take opposite paths helps in getting them separated.

Well done! They were a motley crew and deserved every bit of your disdain : ) .

What I found, for some reason, is that the NPCs did become more useful. Always worth a shot if nobody else was available for a summon (which is more often than not the case). In Ivory King, for instance, and without giving away any spoilers, quite a few of the bosses I used NPCs, and some of the NPCs survived. In case that helps you!

So while I have put 400+ hours into DS2 I am just now playing DS2 SOTFS. And I have to admit I have run across something that I hadn’t expected. How dark the game is in certain spots. I hit No Man’s Wharf and it is basically like playing on a black screen. Torches are almost a necessity and I have yet to find any of the butterfly things used to light torches so that you basically find yourself going back and forth to re-light the torch after each battle.

I did know to use the lockstone, so I basically suicided a few times in order to get that lit.

I can’t imagine how difficult other parts of the game might be if they are like this. When they come out with the updated DS1 you have to wonder if Blightown will be this dark.

And damn, those Heided Knights are a bitch after the Dragonrider goes down.

There’s braizers all around No-Man’s Wharf, you can light them with your torch and once lit use them to light your torch later.

Oh yea, that is what I finally decided to do. I tried using prism stones for crossing the bridge but I didn’t realize they would disappear once I died. Nice waste of souls there.

No-man’s is the darkest area of the game iirc. In fact the area is kind of based around light and darkness.

The white shadow ghost guys who look like dead players are a pain in the ass.

How will I know when I find an item or opening for one of the DLC?

The descriptions of those items are pretty clear what they are for.

I just know that with DS1 you had to go thru some hoops to find the DLC material.

Well finding the entrances to the DS2 DLC is a little confusing at first, but identifying the keys is not.

I guess what I am asking (without you telling me) is will I end up looking up where the DLC entry points are.

I have seen a YouPlay of DS3 and the entry point for one DLC was merely a character at a location everybody visited.

I think the entry points are easy enough to find that you’re pretty likely to come across them naturally but the items needed to activate them might take a little more searching.

So I spent a lot of time playing DS2 SOFTS over the 3-day weekend. Saturday there were a lot of people playing as I was summoned 3 times in the Forest of the Fallen Giants. Yesterday I was summoned twice outside the Dragonriders door.

And I took down the Ruin Sentinels solo as a melee character for the first time (on the 3rd try). I had done it as a sorcerer before in NG+.

I have advanced far enough in the game to play the first of the DLC. Damn, this is so much different from DS1’s DLC. This is like a whole world. I met the first boss last night on basically zero estus. I can take her.

Also, while farming a few souls at the Iron Keep so I could buy some poison moss I was summoned by someone and along with her and two others (I didn’t know you could have parties of 4) we went from the start of the area to the boss. I had 47k souls in about 10 minutes. Some poor sap invaded us and got his ass handed to him. :)