Dark Souls 2 PC

Nicely done. I was never able to reach any of the bosses in the DLC. The main enemies in each DLC I played were so hard and so annoying, I gave up long before I reached any bosses.

I enjoy working thru areas more than I enjoy boss fights, at least until I get to fighting the boss. The tricky part of this DLC so far (Sunken King) is that the bonfires have been pretty much hidden away. But the area is very much like a DS1 area, with connecting paths and elevators.

In my one attempt at Elena she summoned 3 skeletons. I did find 2 NPC summons though, one near the door and Benhart was about half way back in the room behind a wall. From what I can figure using a summons will get you Velstadt.

I don’t think I beat many of the DLC bosses. Mostly because getting to them was such a huge pain in the ass.

Like the Blue Smelter Demon. I hated Smelter enough that a super version of a boss I never liked didn’t appeal to me. Add in a horrific shit-show run back and I passed after like 2 tries.

For the rest of them I think I just got tried of the zones.

Sihn was an amazing fight with zero run back though. Spent some time on that one and enjoyed the heck out of it.

I have read various things about how summons work, and many people write that you have to keep your summons alive in order to use them the next time or to finish out their story line. I have not found that to be the case. Maybe it varies by NPC but I have played thru the game trying to do everyone NPC’s story line and not had trouble with that. I know in my first playthru I got Lucatiel killed and she still showed up everywhere. Same with Benhart I think, although that play thru did not include the DLC.

Oh shit, the Smelter Demon owns me.

So I have now seen three of the bosses in the fist DLC. After trying (and failing) 5-6 times to beat the Squallid Queen I found a human summons and on the second try we beat her. I can now confirm that while she normally summons 3 skeletons, she will also summon Velstadt from time to time, and if you kill more than one of the 3 skeletons she will add Velstadt to the mix.

I also came across the dragon and three warriors. The run up to that one is a real pain in the ass. And no, after several attempts I have not beaten them.

I had a good weekend playing DS2 and the DLC’s. I beat 2 dragons, the one past Aldia’s Keep and I beat (with the help of an NPC) the Slumbering Dragon in the DLC. I also pretty much gave up on that gank crew fight in the first DLC. I just don’t see the fun in running away from three guys who can kick your ass solo. Maybe I will come back to it later.

The NPC I used to be beat Sihn was a Dragon Bro, Transcendent Edde, was probably the best DS NPC I have seen.

Also Dry Root, which I thought might be a nice heal item works so slow as to be useless.

The optional bosses in the 3 DLC are all designed to be played in co-op, so much so that they served as the “demo” content for players that hadn’t purchased the DLC in the original incarnation.

I read something about how the 3 Guys Boss was designed to emulate a gank squad.

So I have met the Blue Smelter Demon in the second DLC and he just appears to be a Red Smelter Demon turned blue. The run there (I walked) was also a pain in the ass. I might go back there to try the right path and get some shinies but I have never had much luck solo against the Red Smelter Demon.

I found the entrance to the third boss area. Wasn’t sure what was going on there so I looked it up.

As for the main boss, I got to the fog door but died underestimating the enemies out side of it. I thought they were little guys and realized too late they weren’t. :)

I also went to see the Ancient Dragon in the main part of the game. They made some interesting changes there. After getting the Ashen Heart I was farming some souls and was invaded there. So I used a Seed of the Giants on him. I can’t think of a worse place to have all the enemies turn against you than that area. The poor guy, “Eduardo”, died before he ever found me. Must have been quite a shock to have all those Dragon Guards turn enemy. :)

I have met the Fume Knight and I am his.

I have now fought every Boss in the first two DLC, except for Sir Allonne who I cannot fight unless I kill the Fume Knight. That is not looking goof at the moment. I still need to beat the Three Warriors, the Blue Smelter and the Fume Knight.

I finished the main game last night. I beat every Boss solo except for the Duke’s Dear Fredja, as I just hate the run down there and so refuse to do it over and over.

So I guess I will start the final DLC while trying those three bosses from time to time. I checked to see who was summonable for the Fume Knight and the wiki basically said they were useless. I probably need to just “git good”.

I don’t understand why people have so much problem with Fume Knight. Maybe I got lucky, but I think my secret is that I had a huge ass shield with good elemental resist, which in fact is the secret for every boss fight.

I usually stay pretty light and dex oriented so the big shield thing isn’t a possibility. But since facing him a few times I did finish the main game and I can now use a larger shield. What with the DLC I have leveled up more than normal.

I had a hell of a time with Nashandra until I realized I was trying to protect myself from dark instead of curse. Changed rings and armor and she was no trouble.

I saw yesterday on a youtube comment some wanker claim he had beaten the Fume Knight on his first try with the ladle.

Yeah right.

I beat his mom on the first try with a ladle.

So after wasting a couple hours Saturday with the Iron King DLC I thought I would get started on the Ivory King DLC. If you haven’t played it you get the option really quick to go left or right. Left is a boss, right leads to regular enemies.

It being a weekend I thought I would try the boss, and when that didn’t work out too well I would lay my summon sign down and hope for the best. To make a long story short I spent probably 4 hours playing co-op against the boss and running thru Eleum Loyce. Maybe the most fun i have had in co-op ever with Dark Souls.

I was summoned at least 10 times. The boss died 8 of the times. Eventually I summoned a guy who led me thru town and eventually back to the boss where he took the boss down. I have never done that before, but my frustration with the Iron King DLC let me do it and it was fun.

I play a couple sessions usually on weekends, and with it raining here last weekend I played a little more than usual. And I am on the west coast so maybe I get more people who are up and playing, but there are weekends when it seems pretty active.

While trying to get to the Blue Smelter I was invaded twice. I am watching a youtube of a guy playing the DS2 DLC and he has been having a lot of luck invading people.

But I do think the DLC (probably because of the difficulty of the bosses) seem to attract a lot of action.

Probably impossible considering the boss’s ability to almost one hit you.

First you have to play the Dark Souls remake!

When I was catching up on Souls games I felt like I was playing a new expansion or an old game in the series every few months. It never ended.