Dark Souls 3

As the host who summons I guess you are supposed to get them to stand below the fall point. But yea, seems like a waste to me. Better to make sure you kill the right demon first.

The one that does all the fire shit. The laser demon is easier to kill in phase 2. Trouble is I can never remember which is which, plus I usually try to make sure the host lives to phase 2 by helping kill whichever demon he is messing with. Especially if the host is magic user cause they need someone to keep the demons attention.

Wait, are you saying someone left a message for the enemy, and the tough enemy ahead was you? You just blew my mind. We probably are the toughest enemy in Dark Souls.

You talked to the woman behind the door? She wants you to kill Midir. She will get pissed if you kill someone else. That area is ripe for invasions in the Ringed City.

Maybe I should try invading there. :)

I never did beat that guy.

Yeah, really no need to kill that summoner guy.

Did you at least get the ring that is on the cliff below where you fight him?

You don’t need to kill him. But he is easy to kill with arrows in a sort of shoot, hide, shoot and hide technique. I think I used the large bow you get in the Profaned Capital to kill him. By this point in the game the arrows for it are available from the merchant.

Have you gone around and fought the Dragonslayer?

Yeah, I dropped down and got the ring my last trip through that area. Worth it, I guess! By that time I had given up on Pure Strength and didn’t need to go for the hammer.

That is a particularly nasty phantom. As for Lapp, if you go back you can get his gear.

I thought the phantom in the tower beyond the show your humanity puzzle was Ledo, but you say you already fought him? I guess there was a ladder tucked away in the corner of the swamp that offers a different route up there. Honestly that puzzle seems pretty superfluous.

I did see a guy on line figure it out. Vaati I think. Ledo is the phantom in the building above where you find the ring, across the swamp from the bottom of the stairs. The ladder there is guarded by those annoying magic using priest guys.

Yes, although I got there throught the humanity puzzle, which as I said I am having trouble seeing the point of.

The Humanity Puzzle takes you up to where another summoner and a couple Knights are. Then on to the Purging Monument that Lapp is looking for.

Oh, yes, there is a dropoff to get to Ledo’s area from there, isn’t there. I never even saw Lapp, so the monument meant very little to me.

I’ve done the first boss in DS2, but that’s it!

The first boss in DS2 could be…3 different possibilities. I guess it has that going for it!

Huh, I really didn’t think it was that nonlinear. I did some poking around this time and I still ended up doing the last giant like last time.

It isn’t so nonlinear outside of the opening moves.

And realistically it isn’t because the other way is terrible at the start and I think 99% of people go your way.

And yet TECHNICALLY there is actually a third way, but it is not viable, mostly because it is terrible, you will hate it, and you’ll die. (foreknowledge sequence break maybe)

You have several directions you can go from the opening bonfire. Also the area with the Giant, from that bonfire go down the ladder and outside, wander around and there is a raised kind of platform areas, where a guy throws bombs at you, try looking up there.