Dark Souls 3

I’m jealous of people who can solo the bosses in this game.

I did many of them, but Abyss Watchers stress me out so much I can’t take them down solo, or even reliably get to phase 2. Same with Pontiff Sulyvahn. I would love to be better at them; fighting Artorias in DS1 was amaaaaaazing, and they seem similar. But this game is just that much faster that I get stressed and can’t hang.

I tend to play as a Dex-focused character, or my favorite, a Curse-focused Bleed build that was super fun to play. Maybe a Str/Quality build with some heavier armor would give me the breathing room I need to handle these guys…thoughts?

One of the cool things is that it really does seem that all builds can be pretty competitive in single player. However that doesn’t mean the build is going to work for you. Quality build does seem pretty commonly recommended and while a good shield won’t fix everything, it might help you survive a little longer.

As far as armor, from what I’ve read armor seems fairly unimportant for survivability(I could be wrong!)

Man, it’s all about bringing the biggest shield money souls can buy.

Not even Midir can touch me behind my Havel Greatshield!

I like to play light armor with the best weapon I can swing. I tend to start dex then with levels build str. But, I will admit that starting pure strength is probably the easiest way to start the game. The real key is learning to dodge attacks instead of blocking them. Because of that I level endurance (for stamina) above all else. Also because I am more likely to die from taking one swing to many than from being hit at the wrong time.

Having said that I do always have a 100% damage shield equipped, I just don’t depend on it.

Just finished ds3 after watching elden ring trailer. Beautiful game

Welcome to Qt3, Meliisa!

It is a fun game that leans heavily on the subject matter of the previous 2. If you haven’t played them you should give them a try. A little slower, the graphics aren’t as nice but there are just so many great moments.

Wait, DS3 has worse graphics than DS2 and 1? How is that possible?

@Meliisa Hi! Welcome to QT3! Lots of wonderful people here.

I think he was referring to DS and DS2.

DS2 IS too long. Even more so with the DLC.

Like when you get to the castle you think you are at the final area of the game…then it just keeps going and going: some underdark shrine okay, catacombs, and now WTF is this mansion? And dragon zone! Now I have to time travel a bunch by backtracking to other areas? Are you fucking serious?

This is like what I like to call…dragging ass.

Yeah, the third game I messed around with multiplayer a bunch and spent a lot of time idling, so I don’t know how long it took to get through, but DS Remastered took me 37 hours to do the main game (although I didn’t find everything and go everywhere…still haven’t seen Ash Lake) and DLC, while DS2 took a whopping 80 hours to do the same.

Yea, I was saying DS1 & DS2 graphics aren’t as good as DS3. But what older game in a series has better graphics than the most current game?

I ws watching something online and the youtuber commented on the basic Dark Souls color palette. or perhaps I should say the lack of one. There really is very little that isn’t a shade or black or gray. Maybe some red in the sky as the game progresses, but other than that very little.

I would tend to agree with this. The DLC are very good, but the main game drags some before you get to the end. DS2 is not a game to rush through or you will get worn out.

And I probably took over 100 hours with all the games my first time through. I don’t necessarily try to 100% anything but I do like to explore, rarely run past enemies (although in subsequent play thrus I will) and I am always looking for that hidden thing. Plus I try to finish the NPC quests if I can.

I missed most of these, I think, because I didn’t really use wikis or guides, just blundered through from one boss to another and didn’t poke my head into everything or backtrack. If I was having trouble with a place (ugh, Blighttown) I was just thankful to be out of it and moved on.

Bloodborne I did use external resources, partly because I’d already spoiled most of it for myself before I thought I’d have a PS4.

I always played thru an area the first time, past the boss, before ever checking a wiki. I never wanted to spoil myself. But each game has areas you would probably never find unless you were a super explorer or you used a wiki. And most NPC quests require a wiki.

DS3 was my most hours (126) because I played every inch of it including the DLC, including multiple failed attempts at that bloody dragon. DS is a close second at 125 hours, again I explored the entire thing and completed all the DLC. DS2 was a distant third at 100 hours where I explored the full game but tapped out on the DLC. While I enjoyed the DS2 main game for the most part, I found the DLC tedious (mostly because it was stupidly hard for the sake of it), unlike the enjoyable DLC for the other two games. In fact DS2’s DLC difficulty put me off the formula for so long it took me years to get to DS3.

All three DLCs? Yeah, they are harder.

The first DLC is probably the best content in all of DS2 though. Or I am a sucker for lost underground cities.

Also there are zones in every DLC that is bullshit / designed for co-op.

That’s the one I got the furthest with, but I couldn’t beat the first of the two final bosses. For some reason there were never any player signs there.

I was undoubtedly burned out on it by this stage though, and there was a sense of me wanting it to be over, not really the right mindset to be in. I couldn’t shake the feeling that DS2 failed to live up to the first game. I also think that had I not touched the DLCs I’d have probably ended up with a more favorable impression of it.

I mean this is all relative. They were all exceptional games in the end.

None lol. That’s why I was confused :)

:( :(