Dark Souls 3

I was being slightly ironic. Needed a roll eyes emo(te)(ji).

Sounds like this is getting a Japan (console) March 24th release date with a Windows/international release date announcement coming soon.

They fixed the frame-rate durability thing in Scholar of the First Sin, since XB1/PS4 versions also run at 60.

They probably just recalibrated it, and didn’t actually fix it. If you are running at 120 fps, then I would assume the problem would still exist.

Maybe that’s the case. There was a patch note specifically addressing durability:

Fixed issue whereby weapon durability was decreased drastically when used on enemy corpses, friendly characters, etc. (Especially apparent for users running the game at 60 fps as the durability decrease rate was linked to the frame rate).

They say the decrease rate was linked to frame rate. I guess it still could be, and they just fixed the cases where you hit non-enemies.

Great, Japan gets the game in March and the rest of the world in April. We’re still doing this nonsense in the year 2016.

At least they’ll fill out the wiki for us.

Will the PC release come out in April or will we be waiting months for that?

It wasn’t mentioned WHAT was coming to the US in April, which is annoying for damn sure. I think it’s safe to say PC is coming either with the console versions or very close to that date (I believe Dark Souls 2 came a few weeks later on PC, while the Scholar update came simultaneously…?)

Yeah, PC version was released in late April '14 and Console version came out in March.

PS+ subscribers in North America can download the network test client now. The servers are down until Oct 16-18 so you can’t play. But you can listen to the menu music!

Some people are speculating that they’re just going to let everyone in NA play it instead of relying on a lottery. I’m signed up either way. Applications are closed now though.

It’s gone. Looks like it was listed in error.

Everyone has started to receive network test lottery notices except for people in North America. There is still speculation that they are just going to let everyone play if they snagged the client, and possibly skip the lottery for that region. Or maybe they’re trying to figure out a way to lock people out or redo the download.

Update from the Facebook page:

We apologize for the delay. Network Stress Test participant selection for the Americas will be taking place over the next few days. Stay tuned for more details.

Read it and weep.

Thank you for applying to join the Dark Souls III Network Stress Test.

After conducting the lottery, you have been selected to join the Network Stress Test.
You will now be able to participate in the upcoming Network Stress Test until the end of the testing period.

Also, please note that the Network Stress Test data was recently released on PlayStation™Network (PSN) in Americas in error. However, participation in the Network Stress Test will still be limited to those players who applied and were selected, as was originally planned.

…and it says the code has already been redeemed. People on reddit are reporting that if they downloaded the leaked copy. I already deleted that days ago so I might be locked out. Gotta love consoles.

[EDIT] I’m able to redownload the client from my Library. Just kidding, PS4, I love you!

Selection emails have been sent to participants of the upcoming Dark Souls III Network Stress Test. Recipients who have been chosen to participate should get instructions to register their PlayStation Network name. That will be necessary to participate in the Test. If you have downloaded the client previously, you may get an error when using the code provided, that is expected. Just be sure to register your PlayStation Network name.

Whew.

When is the stress test happening? I’m eager to hear your thoughts on how the game plays and feels!

It’s Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11 PM - 2 AM Eastern Time.

There’s language in the EULA about not posting videos and impressions. I didn’t explicitly sign an NDA, and there were plenty of leaks during the DS2 network test. I’ll wait to see what the community does.

If it’s the same area they’ve demonstrated at conventions, then it’s already been analyzed to death. I’m mostly curious about the overall feel. And it’s a good reason to turn on my PS4 for a change.

I play on a desktop (aging one sadly) in a den just off the living room where my wife watches TV. So she can see me and hear me get my ass kicked by some boss in Dark Souls, or whatever RPG I am playing.

edit: sheet, meant for this to go on another thread…Oh well. :)

Sounds like Peeve, one of the popular Souls PvP dorks, received publisher permission to stream the network test. Look him up on Twitch this weekend if you’re around.

There are gameplay details on the website. One of the new changes is that becoming human is called becoming a Lord of Cinder or something. You get a 40% HP boost and you can host co-op or be invaded.

The HP change is amusing because it’s a lot more palatable to phrase it that way than to say you get 30% of your health taken away when you die and you’re no longer in human mode.

Of course now people are saying that makes it too easy. Perspective is a funny thing.

My initial take away is that when you aren’t human you can’t be invaded.