Dark Souls 3

What’s funny is that I finished all of these games (including Demon’s Souls and Bloodbourne, but not including Dark Souls 3, where I am still stuck on the first area) and I don’t think I remember the end to any of them.

I am fairly sure that Demon’s Souls requires you to go directly to NG+.

I’m pretty sure Bloodborne sent you straight to NG+ after you beat it as well.

I’m definitely sure. Only DS2 and DS3 let you wrap up before going to NG+.

Finished up the Road of Sacrifices , so good!!! I also just hit level 50, and I am surprisingly still wearing all the starting armor for the knight, I do have an upgraded fire straight sword +4 and sweet dragon crest shield… :)

Wow. That’s a lot of vigor :-D

Well I seem to get hit a lot. And I am in ember form. :p

Also invaders hate me as I can take a ton of hits!

He’s embered which gives him 30% more health :).

When I’m embered I must have about 60% of that. :)

I haven’t put anything into magic , so its a lot of extra levels to invest in my health bar. :)

Translated notes for upcoming patch on reddit.

Patch notes

App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.05
Rough translation:
Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

I don’t see any mention of the issue where summoned phantoms cannot enter critical boss areas, which has happened to me several times.

Or the issue where players/enemies/bosses don’t have any animations when you’re joining other people in jolly cooperation. It can be really irritating.

I’ve had so many issues with that when I was farming the sun medals, over 50% of the summons failed because of it.

I finally went into ng+ (decided that I’ll get miracle achievement at some other time), but I respecced back to pyro before I started. I’m using Witch’s Locks (whip) as my main weapon and it’s lots of fun. Great Chaos Orb just obliterates big enemies and bosses, Vordt just died in about 10 seconds. So far I’m having tons of fun. I’ll try to make it a shieldless playthrough.

After playing a whole lot of this since release, I decided to take a break… and start yet another playthrough of Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin.

I love these games. :P

It never goes well when I’m getting the boss low on health and I’m kinda in trouble and I decide to ‘just go for it’. Pontiff’s health was shorter than ‘pontiff’ when I said do or die. I died.

Tried the Abyss Watchers yesterday.

Abyss Watchers

First phase is manageable and pretty clever. Second phase for some reason made me think of Ornstein and Smough. ;) I have yet to beat it, but I will. Eventually.

I had trouble with them on my first play through. My second one only took a couple tries I think. My 2nd character hits much harder than my first.

I just beat him on NG+, used an npc summon (after dying like 10 times). Fuck that guy. This fight is such bullshit without a shield, even if you time your dodges correctly you also have to dodge to the right side if he decides to extend his combo with a swing that’s pretty much 360° (you have to dodge against that swing, not away from it). And the goddamn combos are neverending. Had I used my sword instead of trying to set him on fire I’d have an easier time because I could just hug and poke him between his combos.

On the flip side, I really enjoy the whip for pve. It even goes through walls which I’ve used to my advantage on a couple occasions - why should only mobs have this ability, right? Damage wise it’s on par with straight swords but it has a long windup at the start of every attack and the moveset in general isn’t that great - except for the RT attack which is a horizontal sweep with decent range and arc. Entire moveset is shown here, if anyone’s interested. I was also pleasantly surprised at its pvp performance in the few fights I had, no one knew what to do with the weapon art on this weapon because it’s so unpredictable, though I suspect that it’s easily countered by simply rushing the wielder and interrupting his attack since it doesn’t give higher poise like some other WAs. For now I’m going to make the best of it and take advantage of the low popularity of the weapon.

Late to the party on Tom’s DS3 live stream video but I spent the last few days watching in 10-20 minute chunks as he worked on beating that first boss. I never had any doubt, but he finally did it so I just wanted to drop in and join the celebration over one month late.

Epic stuff! And made so much more satisfying due to that excruciating tumble off Jerk Cliff. It’s always darkest before the dawn. Kudos, TC!

After several more tries I finally beat Pontiff solo. I had a sliver of health left and actually thought we did a simultaneous kill.

My current build is high strength and I’ve been using a big hammer. It’s kinda fun smooshing enemies, but I found it too slow for the pontiff. I used a tower shield with some lighter armor and my +6 butcher knife that scales well with strength. I relied on the shield a lot, rolling when my stamina was low so I wouldn’t get stunned - taking a slice or two and backing off to regen stamina.

It was a very tough fight for me, but man it felt good to beat him.