Dark Souls 3

Does that rapier do any damage? I’m just in the first play through but the dual damage seems terrible, even with the bulk of my points into INT.

It’s enough to have it in offhand to get the item discovery bonus, you don’t need to get the killing blows with it. I don’t know how it scales if you’re specced into magic because that’s one thing I haven’t tried yet.

Ahhh it was for the item find. Okay, cool. :)

They actually fixed summoning for the Blue Sentinels in the latest patch. I’m getting summoned every few minutes now. It’ll still probably take me more than 3 hours but it’s always interesting.

I’m at level 97 now at 54 hours in and just made it through to the Grand Archives. Love the design of this area, but I had to force close the program when an invading phantom supposedly spawned without ever showing up, and I couldn’t use the bonfire or a homeward bone, or even quit through the menu. I must be getting pretty close to the end, right?

Are you playing on console? The PC version of the game is still on the regulation 1.05 patch, not the 1.06 patch that is supposed to improve those covenants. I tried to get some Darkmoon summons again last night for a couple of hours and it’s still a no-go.

I really hope that the update does do the trick, otherwise I’ll never get the remaining covenant items needed for the last few achievements. I have zero interest in farming them.

Oh wow, didn’t realize it hasn’t been updated on PC. I’m level 54 with a +4 weapon in the catacombs. Maybe that’s the perfect sweet spot or something.

Doesn’t ANYTHING open from this side?!

http://m.imgur.com/W4Y77hm

Ha!

That’s awesome.

Yesterday, I spent HOURS just running into the Abyss Watchers boss fight, collecting my souls, and then dying. I got a little better and learned some tricks from observation, but it was just tough as hell. I went to bed frustrated, thought about it all day, then booted it up this evening and OF COURSE I beat it on my first try. I love how that always happens.

I had over 90,000 souls afterwards and dumped them all into leveling up endurance by about 7 points. Plus I had enough left over to reinforce my bow and shield by two points each. It’s so fun to feel a nice big power jump like that instead of the usual itsy-bitsy increments.

NK dead on NG++. Second phase was over in about 15 seconds. Bleed build ftw.

(in all fairness, NG++ doesn’t feel much harder compared to NG+ or even NG)

Hmm… I am still early in the game (slogging my way through cathedral) but just got wardens twinblades (they have bleed on them by default) on my dex character - I wonder if I should invest some more points in luck to make it more of a bleed build? I already upgraded them to +4 and infused them with sharp.

Yeah that’s a viable option, but you’ll need 30-40 luck for reliable application of bleed. It’s also wise to infuse weapon with Hollow infusion (check the numbers at the blacksmith first though), I think it leaves the original scaling intact but adds scaling from luck.

You guys want to know what really sucks? Losing your save game… of your first playthrough… and your time played was just over 50 hours.

I needed to blow out my drive because of some issues I was having and before I formatted I made sure to back up my save game to the MS OneDrive folder because I didn’t have Dropbox or Google Drive setup. Well just a few weeks back I had switched my Windows 10 login on my home machine back to a local account as opposed to one that is tied to your actual Microsoft account. And though I’m not 100% certain this was the cause, I believe that when I reverted my login back to a local account, Windows 10 decided it was in my best interest to disable the automatic syncing of the OneDrive folders to the cloud. So it wasn’t until after I had formatted and reinstalled Windows 10 along with all of my other software that I went to my OneDrive folder and, lo’ and behold, my Dark Souls 3 save was nowhere to be found.

I had finished the four lords and was just going to fight Dancer when this happened. Talk about depressing and demoralizing. 50 hours down the drain. I’ve since restarted from scratch, this time trying out a Pyromancer build and I’m progressing fast but it’s the idea.

Oh and can I rant? Why the hell don’t the PC flavors of the franchise have Steam cloud support for crying outloud. Surely it wouldn’t be that difficult for whichever team did the port to add that functionality to the game.

Got about 20 hours in and realized I’m sick of playing a typical sword and board dude. Restarted with a pyro and I’m 6 hours in. Sooo much more fun and I don’t have any of the cool spells yet even. Makes me want to go back and replay ds2 this way as well. I also realized I missed a metric asston of content my first run through. God I love this series.

And that’s all she wrote!

I still can’t shake the feeling that I’m wasting my time going for that achievement. But it’s mostly multiplayer stuff, which has been pretty fun.

Getting nervous about the Farron covenant though. Long fights, kind of boring, and I’ll have to catch people in NG+ now. 30 tokens too. Ugh.

Congrats! How many hours do you have is DS 3?

178, but a lot of that was spent idling. This character that I did achievements with has 70h played but again, lots of idling.

@Tim: farming those Ghrus on the bridge at Keep Ruins took me maybe 1h to get all 30 swordgrass.