Dark Souls 3

Poise is not broken, it’s now worthless by design. Sigh.

My heavy armor used to bring all the poise to the yard. I could tank you, but instead I charge. (yes, I’m quite proud of that)

I’m starting a SL1 run. Wish me luck.

Maybe I should try one too. Can it really be that bad?

Honestly, I don’t know. I know for a fact that some bosses can oneshot you even with Prisoner’s Chain equipped but regular play should be relatively smooth, as long as you’re careful. I predict a lot of rage when/if I get to the Nameless King.

Yeah, Nameless King is scaring me. But you don’t need to beat him to finish the game, so it’s okay if you don’t do it, yeah? No shame in going for less than 100%, right, right?

All bosses 0 dmg taken or bust!

So some guy managed to beat the Nameless King… at level 1, with no dodging, parrying, or blocking. Ah, and he beat the whole GAME like that.

Yeah.

Lloyd’s Shield Ring should give you at least one hit before dying for most enemies.

Let us know how fun it is. It was great in Dark Souls because pyromancy was so powerful. This is a bit more of a challenge.

If you’re getting half-second hitches every minute or two, it’s not just you.

It’s From Software.

Yeah it’s pretty annoying. I just downed The Catholic Church and so far it’s been pretty smooth. I did rage a bit at dickwraiths, black knight and Mr. Freeze in Undead Settlement. Other than that, no major issues so far. SL1 feels like playing a survival horror game. I also really like how otherwise overlooked items (Lloyd rings) make such a huge difference here.

I just tried FUGS for the first time, it seems way overpowered even though they nerfed it. Very quick for an ultra greatsword. I suppose the stamina use and high stat requirement make up for this somewhat.

SL1 is really bad for my blood pressure. I nearly popped a vein at the Abyss cunts and now I’m pulling my hair out at the Dancer (did the skip as soon as I got my weapon to +7). The worst part is that she can’t be parried and the hitbox on her grab move is insane.

Stutters don’t help either.

Got the damn cheevo. It was worth it so I could find out that NG++ is actually fairly balanced and fun. It might be because I’m using overpowered weapons though.

There are a couple I’ve really enjoyed. Hard to give them up.

In case anyone hasn’t heard, they reverted the patch that caused the stuttering.

I haven’t read much of his thread, as I’m trying to beat the game blind on the first go round. So far this might be my favorite of the series. The level design is fantastic, they fixed everything I hated about DS2 in that regard. My only complaint is how disconnected Firelink Shrine feels, but maybe they’ll surprise me later with a path leading back there from the game world.

I’m fairly sure I’ve botched every quest line. Greirat is dead, I murdered Horace when I found him hollowed in a cave, I didn’t find Onion Bro in his cell until I had already killed Pontiff and Yohrim. A bunch of NPCs appeared once in the shrine and I never have seen them again.

I just got to Anor Londo and when I realized where I was headed, finding Gwyns tomb and then the big escalator, I couldn’t stop grinning. I can’t wait to tackle that area next!

I’m running a dex/pyromancy build so my character depends heavily on ranged attacks. My best weapon is a Crystal Lothric Knight Sword, Ithryll Sword is a close second. But I’ve invested most of my upgrade mats into my pyro flame and longbow. So far so good, but this build sucks for PvP :)

You’re one of the last to play it around here, but you might want to spoiler some of the bigger surprises.

I decided against doing a SL1 run for now and started something much “harder”: a magic-only run. It’s waaay harder to complete because I’ve attempted one for every Souls game and never completed one, out of boredom. God, magic is so sad. None of the warmblooded physicality of waving bits of steel into the enemy.

It does make you see the game in a different light, though. The range of the auto-lock is now your no.1 concern and some enemies that used to be hard become very easy and vice-versa.

Everytime I’ve seen someone in the game using magic, they seem to just wreck everything with ease. Just shooting massive beams of death that do insane damage, while chilling at a range that removes all danger.

I’ve said repeatedly here that throwing lightning spears in someone’s face is just as satisfying as swinging a sword. But I heard offensive miracles are kind of weak this time.

Sorcery is okay but a little less satisfying.

[wave your little wand around] “peewww”

I finally beat the game on my knight and I “think” I found all the side areas. Of course considering all the npcs that died or behaved differently compared to newer characters of mine I could be wrong. Until I’m satisfied and move on to ng+ I refuse to read any guides.

But I’ll probably work on my huge club wielding pyromancer next. The idea of smashing stuff with a giant bit of tree then exploding them with fire has been pretty funny.

Lots of people beating the game and I’m still stuck in the Abyss Watchers. That second phase is tough for my build. :)