Dark Souls 3

I made it past the introductory area, killed the blue crystal monster, Iudex Gundyr, and now I’m in Lothric. I am totally getting my ass kicked by those knights. For the life of my I can’t parry them so I have to dodge like crazy and get in swipes when I can. Those undead who transform into fecal sludge monsters are brutal but I was able to cheese one by tossing firebombs at it from a safe distance.

This game is freakishly gorgeous. If a billionaire ever bequehted their estate to me I would make a mish mash Xanadu with levels from Thief and the Dark Souls universe.

So I made it to the Road of Sacrifice yesterday. I spent maybe an hour just getting summoned in to fight the 2nd big boss, who I beat solo on the third try. It’s a fun fight that becomes fairly easy once you realize the bosses weaknesses.

One weird thing though, I probably got summoned 5 times. On one occasion I was never allowed to proceed thru the fog door. With this fight you can’t go thru the door until the host aggros the boss, and for some reason the fog door never let me thru. The host did end up beating the boss solo though and I got almost 4k souls for standing outside the fog door trying to get in.

Is there any value in buying the DLC before starting the main game?

No, I think it’s balanced for after the ending, at least one of them. It’s not that great so no rush.

That’s a bug that’s been around since release. Surprised to hear it’s still in the wild.

Only that you’ll find the places that lead to it without having to look it up? It’s pretty much balanced as post game/very late game, so you wont be missing anything.

Only if it’s on sale. That’s why I bought it during the summer sale on Xbox, since it was only $10.

DS3 seems to have a boat load of NPC’s. I don’t see anyway I am going to be able to keep track of who is who and what they may want done.

The simple solution is to kill them all.

I am pretty sure I will be killing some of them. This is Dark Souls after all.

I used an online cheat sheet (basically a long list of checkboxes) when the game first came out. No clue if it has been updated for the DLCs though.

After several tries I finally just summoned someone (a real person) and we beat the Crystal Sage. I watched a couple youtube videos on the fight and it is pretty obvious that in some patch they toughened this boss up.

And those two bastards with the big weapons hit really really hard.

But I love that others are still playing this game and that I can summon if needs be and be summoned if I want to.

So a couple things I have now encountered in this game I am guessing are Bloodborne inspired. The faster bad guys, the increased shield blocking and the increased amount of bad guys kicking the shield aside. I have had that happen more times in DS3 than in 6-7 playings of DS1 and DS2.

That ninja guy who guards the Paladin Ashes was murderous. :)

Have you reached the giant tree yet?

Yea…I mentioned it above I think. If you need help there let me know when you are on and I will drop a summons. There is a lot of action on weekends at that boss.

I looked and I never mentioned the Boss by name. But thats who I was talking about post 1171.

You’re going to make me look up post numbers? I guess you click on the link icon for each post, and that tells you the post number?

Hmmm, looks like Post 1171 was by JMR. So he must have been the one that beat the tree boss. Well done @JMR.

:P

Yea, sorry. Based on that counting I was post 1172. I beat the tree boss. It is a pretty easy fight if you do a few things. Take out a few of the minions with range weapons before you start. Attack the trees “eggs” at his crotch, and once you drop to the second level ignore everything and just attack (and avoid) the new arm he grows. That arm has a pattern and is lethal and his weakness.

I am Conner of Scuzz on DS3. I will probably be playing a couple times tomorrow if you want to try some co-op or summoning. Let me know. I will look here before I log on Saturday.

Sadly, we’re on different platforms this time Scuzz. I was on PC for 1 and 2, but for 3 I’m playing on XB1.

I’m a bit behind but I did arrive to the undead settlement recently and gee golly they must’ve done something really bad to have ended up broken on wheels and hung upside down. Such a beautifully twisted world this is. One of the buildings has a gitmo certified torture rack too. I took a few stabs at the ballsack tree monster but haven’t killed it yet solo. This is going to be a long battle as my swipes are barely hurting it.

I found it easier to go after the other pods around him first. That way he can get down to almost zero health before I tackle the arm.

On the other hand, I always die to the arm. So maybe you have the right idea. Go after the arm first and get some practice on its patterns. That way on a different run, I can do it the normal way and get the arm at the end.

So I have probably helped more people with this game than any other so far. One thing that I wonder about, as a host I take fewer chances because if I die the whole enterprise ends. I have helped people who basically go kamikaze at the Boss and die very early. Sit back, see what is going on, let one of your summons carry the battle for a while.

The area with the tree boss is also a big area to get invaded. I have only seen one invader there but I have seen messages for many many more who don’t get there in time before we enter the boss door.

I was summoned I thought to fight the Crystal Sage, instead the guy first used me to help fight an invader, then we went across the swamp and fought the guys with the huge weapons, and then a Farron Covenant invader showed up. I love how many people are still playing this game, especially on the weekends.