Dark Souls 3

DS3 currently 75% off ($14.99) in Steam. That’s a great deal for anyone who hasn’t gotten this yet.
Season Pass also on sale 50% off ($12.50)

Those are great prices, especially the Season Pass.

I picked it up. Ready to die a lot…

Well at least you’re going in with the right mindset :)

DS3 has call backs to Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, and EVEN Demon’s Souls.

It definitely is the FromSoft “greatest hits” compilation of a “Dark Souls” game, which probably explains why it was the last one.

Now I’m disappointed that they didn’t have the foresight to include call fronts to Sekiro.

They had said prior to it’s release that it would be the last one.

Just killed Yhorm and am evaluating my setup.

Dexterity: 40
Endurance: 20
Vigor: 20
Strength: 14

Sharp Estoc + 7
Black Bow of Pharis+7
Dragon Crest Shield (just switched when I got strength to 14 after Yhorm fight)
Drang armor with Pharis hat

Any suggestions? Prior games I went with heavy armor, but am actually enjoying being light. I use the bow a lot too.

Just keep pushing endurance. Love the black bow. I think you can take Dex to 50 but there is a falloff at 40.

Finished! Main game anyway. There is one more boss I haven’t beaten yet and the DLC. Summons make the bosses pretty trivial. I don’t remember that being the case in the prior titles, but maybe I’m just a better player now. Sekiro may have upped my game.

Not sure I’ve got the desire to go through the DLC, but maybe I’ll switch my build up and try something different.

If you have never played the DLC I would recommend them. While a few of the bosses are questionable there are also some very good ones.

I hate those knights between Vordt and the cathedral. Argh.

You need to update these rankings with Sekiro.

@krayzkrok, the deluxe edition of Dark Souls 3 is $21 and change here in the U.S. Is it on sale in Australia too? That’s sort of getting in the price range where I’m thinking of double dipping to get the PC version too. The Xbox is always busy these days, so maybe playing on PC is what I might have to do when we tackle this one together.

At first I thought it was better than Bloodborne due to the new style of gameplay. However, I’ve pretty much maxed out Sekiro and may never play it again, and I have more fond memories of Bloodborne even though I can’t tolerate the framerate anymore.

The Season pass is $12.49 during this sale here in the States.

And bought. I had the deluxe edition in my PSN cart for the last few days and this thread was just the excuse I needed to pull the trigger. Haven’t played any Souls games since Demon 's Souls but I think I am ready now. Already have DS3 on the PC but I have a better chance of actually playing it on the PS4.

Grabbed this in steam sale. I’ve played bits of the other two but never got too far into them. Picked a spear shield dude and off I went. Enjoying the play a world for all of 15 minutes til I got to the first boss. And got water over and over. I think my spear dude is s little slower than s sword dude would be so that’s not helping. But I’ve got a long haul ahead of me if I can’t figure out how to get past boss 1. Lol

I have a little more DLC to finish for DS2 but will be jumping into DS3 again after that.

You guys are going to tempt me into another DS3 play thru. I had been thinking of doing it.

So I found a sort of pre-boss down a small trail I’d missed my first time. It was when I tried a new character that I thought might be easier to play. Pre-boss is worse than the real boss! I suck so so much at this game. Still, after a bit I’ll give it another try.