Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

So I am going thru a NG+ game in Dark Souls. I got to Anor Londo on Sunday and was invaded twice. Tuesday night I was invaded 3 times and helped 2 guys with co-op play. In two previous play thrus I have never seen the game this active.

I put down my summon sign just for fun next to the bonfire and was summoned almost instantly. I guess with all the invading people are summoning help. Makes for some fun. I did manage to beat one of the invaders Sunday and yesterday the 3 of us took out another before beating O&S.

Yesterday was Return to Lordran day, so lots of people were doing new playthroughs this week.

Maybe that explains it then. It made me wonder how anybody could have possibly fought O&S human without being invaded when the game first came out.

It was fun being in a group of three and then seeing the message that so and so had invaded, especially when the invader had no way of knowing he was walking into what I assume was the hosts trap.

I wasn’t sure of that. Seems to me I have seen it both ways, as a solid gate but I remember seeing play thrus of people escaping that way.

I got invaded again last night. The guy basically toyed with me using some kind of poisoned (dark maybe) crossbow. Just as I was about to die he backed off and either killed himself or died of poisoning himself as I saw a counter counting down behind a wall. Weird.

I also made a fool of myself twice after being summoned, once getting backstabbed by an Anor Londo knight and once getting one shot by one of those big suckers in the main hall. Never even saw him coming. :)

So I am stuck playing NG+ on the Four Kings Boss fight. They just respawn to damn fast. I have probably fought them 15-20 times over several sessions. I have gotten as far as the forth King only to gang attacked by the 3-4 spawned kings.

I also got invaded once near the fog door. It is strange how the game has no sign of life for days and then suddenly there seems to be several people playing.

Question…How long do signs stay down? I have run thru an area and seen nothing, then the next time thru seen several “fresh” signs. Does that mean someone is playing “around” me?

I didn’t know those kings respawn, Glad it never happened to me. Fighting one was disorienting enough, can’t imagine taking 2 or 3 at the same time.

On NG+, I tried going full poise against the Four Kings (Havel’s set, highest defense possible, stone skill spell) and just attack, attack, attack and pray for the best before more spawn. It worked for me.

They do respawn in NG, just not as fast. Also it seemed to me in NG they tended to stay more in the background when they did respawn. In NG+ by the third king you have another swirling around you, sometimes stabbing and sometimes spell casting. This was one of the easier Boss fights in NG, the toughest in NG+.

That is pretty much what I have tried, although I haven’t gone full on. I have tried to keep some movement. But I think that is what I am going to have to do.

They don’t respawn. Just spawn. There are four of them.

What I mean is if you don’t kill them fast enough others will, one by one, show up and engage you. But you still only have to kill four in order to win the battle. In NG+ I have killed three and had three circling around me. In NG I am sure that by the last one I had at least one circling around me.

Good luck, and don’t underestimate Iron Flesh (not stone skin ooops), that’s what allows you to tank the fight.

EDIT: Wait, they nerfed it? Well, that’s it, you’re on your own, sorry!

Okay I didn’t know they respawned. It’s never taken me that long.

So I did it on the second try last night. I went full on tank, put on all the Havel gear (except the helmet, I had the mask of the Child on for stamina regen) and my 80% magic shield (Crest+5?) and my Black Knight Sword +5 and I just got close and hacked away.

I had been trying to stay a little lighter ( I like light) and had been trying to use some magic as well. The magic did damage, but just seemed a little slow and left me open to long. In NG+ I have added sorcery to my character, what else to do with the levels?

Now, it’s on to Knight Artorias. Let’s see if he does anything in NG+ different.

So Knight Artorias is maybe a little faster and has more health. The big difference in NG+ seems to be that his “re-charge” time is much shorter. I remember in NG being able to run up to him and smack him out of it. No time for that now.

I did get beat down probably 10 times last night. In NG I bet I was near 30 before beating him.

Artorias went down last night. On the fourth try. Something clicked on the second try, it was like I suddenly remembered his moves and while it took two more tries he went down easily when he did. On to Manus.

You’re making me jealous Scuzz. Gosh, what a great game. I’ll probably go back to it after I play through Dark Souls 3. DS3 is going to be on sale at a few place this Black Friday. For $15 at Walmart, for example. So I might pick up the base game for that. Or if Xbox Live or PSN have a sale on the complete edition with the season pass for $45, that will be the same value but in digital form, which is more convenient.

Back to Dark Souls 1 though, I wish I could fire up the game and go play the Knight Artorias fight on demand.

Wouldn’t it be great if you could at any time pick a level (say NG+) and then fight any Boss you wanted to fight. You could do certain fights over and over. Ornstein and Smough, Artorias, the Smelter Demon, the Pursuer etc.

I am stuck playing DS1 and 2 as I don’t have a machine that will handle DS3. But when I do, damn I will have a lot of good games to play. My wife will never see me.

haha… I fought them over and over and over … those bastards

Mark your calenders.

May 25, 2018.

Dark Souls Remastered.

Coming to PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One.

Now I have a deadline for myself on finishing Dark Souls III.