Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

Wouldn’t it be great if you could at any time pick a level (say NG+) and then fight any Boss you wanted to fight. You could do certain fights over and over. Ornstein and Smough, Artorias, the Smelter Demon, the Pursuer etc.

I am stuck playing DS1 and 2 as I don’t have a machine that will handle DS3. But when I do, damn I will have a lot of good games to play. My wife will never see me.

haha… I fought them over and over and over … those bastards

Mark your calenders.

May 25, 2018.

Dark Souls Remastered.

Coming to PC, PS4, Switch, Xbox One.

Now I have a deadline for myself on finishing Dark Souls III.

Xbox One: 1080p, 60fps
PS4: 1080p, 60fps
Xbox One X: Upscaled 4K, 60fps
PS4 Pro: Upscaled 4k, 60fps
PC :Native 4K, all testures 2K unconverted, 60 fps
Switch: TV mode 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps

It will include Artorias of the Abyss DLC. Yay! The best part of the game. I wonder if will be just as hard to access as before?

Nice, I wasn’t sure they’d bother trying to hit 60. Thank goodness.

Still no reason for me to play it again. I just did so recently with the randomizer mod. I got really bored after Anor Londo as always.

Oh, this is great news!

I hope they finish Lost Izalith for this remaster. Make it more than a big lava pit full of dinosaur butts. Maybe add more to Ash Lake too.

Remasters for videogames typically mean basic technical changes. I would be surprised at any content changes.

Fextralife wiki claim they’ve been helping FROM identity bugs and exploits, and also claim there will be Dark Souls 3 engine features like lighting and sound. I’m still skeptical there will be any design or content changes. Hmm…

Here’s hoping they buff up some of the easier bosses, like Smough & Ornstein…

I think if they were going to be doing any rebalancing a la Scholar of the First Sin, they’d have made it a big part of the announcement.

I’m guessing a graphical update only, with some bug fixes for good measure.

This is one of the few games for which I actually follow the speedrunning community, so I’m curious if some of the glitches that allow twenty-minute runs will be kept intact or not.

Totally. They should buff those wheel skeletons too, they’re way too easy.

And way more of them. Like, hundreds. And make sure that they come rolling at you from directions you aren’t looking. While you are on narrow ledges.

Of course you know then that they’ve patched that one years ago. I don’t know about any of the other skips. They may have had to make physics changes to get 60 fps right. That could change things.

Dark Souls in general is a pretty legit run. What sucks is the random drop rate from the black knights. Lame.

There’s a skip that involves force quitting – was that one fixed?

I mean, it most likely doesn’t matter. The remastered game will probably be a separate entry anyway. It just made me consider the little subculture that might be uniquely affected by a remaster.

(I prefer all-boss runs, myself. They feel more pure than ones that rely on major glitches).

Ah man, I don’t have a 4K monitor to enjoy it in all its glory and I still have to finish 3.

+1 Reaching that place belongs on my Neo woah gaming moments only to be diminished when I realized it was’t a fully realized level.

I’m hoping Blightown will be darker and more stuttery. They could do with adding basilisks inside rocks, as well.

That was my first thought on seeing Native 4K support for PC:

PC players have access to 4K monitors now? Probably not too many of them. I wonder what Steam Hardware survey says.

Edit: December numbers say:

3840 x 2160: 0.45% +0.03% compared to November.

That’s 4K resolution, right?