Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

Yea, the dogs are the key. If you can get them then you can cheese the Capra Demon.

The Gaping Dragon is one of the easier boss fights. Just stay under him, but be prepared to run around him when he gets aggressive. The rats on the route getting to the Gaping Dragon are the best place to farm humanities.

I did a new DS run a couple of months ago and stalled at the Anor Londo Archers :(

just had to think, you beat this terrible boss Capra Demon, then you go into this shithole The Depths to fight rats, cursed frogs, wizards and the Gaping Dragon just to get to another shithole Blighttown and you wonder when it will ever get light again … At least Anor Londo is in the light (Queelag and Sen still to come … )

What’s funny is this is the FUN part of the game. I lose steam after Anor Londo just about every single time.

Even after numerous play thrus the freaking archers in Anor Londo are pretty much a guessing game. It seems to me the best bet is constantly moving, taking out the archers from below if you have a certain bow and poison arrows, or just rolling and hoping they miss.

Hmmm, I think the Demon Ruins is easily the worst area in the game with easily the worst bosses hands down.

Bosses:
Ceaseless Discharge (gimmick boss that is boring to fight normally)
Firesage Demon (copy of Asylum Demon etc, hilariously the best boss of the area)
Centipede Demon (AKA fighting a terrible camera)
Bed of Chaos (puzzle boss and arguably the worst boss in the entire series including Demon’s Souls and Bloodborne)

Not to mention the giant dino asses.

I highly doubt O&S was a cakewalk for anyone first time through. At least solo.

For some reason my pc couldn’t handle that fight very well and constantly freeze and when it came to, is be dead. I had to drop all the display options to ‘ugly’ to get through.

I never thought about it before, but this feels right to me.

This also feels very true.

It is. The whole thing just blurs together. The only saving grace is you don’t need to spend to much time there.

I think they had a good idea with the area, but they didn’t do a very good job of making it work. In NG+ you have to actually fight the Ceaseless Discharge and while you can still kind of cheese it the damn thing can one shot you. I am sure the Firesage Demon gives people trouble until they figure the moves out. And the Centipede Demon is just kind of weird. Somewhere I read that they had meant o do something more with the bouncing dinos but it just didn’t work out. And the area with the final boss, nice area but yea, a really stupid boss. It is the only boss in any DS game in which you literally can suicide in the first two times and your acts before dying don’t disappear.

The Four Kings is a pretty screwy fight as well.

a new Dark Souls mod that doubles the content, new areas, bosses and items, weapons… you need the old prepare to die edition on PC.

I will admit to not having read everything at that site so I may have missed the answer to this question, but do you have to play something like that offline to avoid being banned? Or does FROM not care anymore since they seem to have gone to the Remastered Version?

And how easy is installing something like that. I would love to try it.

I did see this at the link…

EDIT: I apparently set up some false expectations for a few people by explicitly saying there would be “twice as much content” as the original Dark Souls . By “content”, I meant “interesting things that will happen to you over the course of the game” (or more specifically, the number of game ‘events’ in the modded
code), and not literally twice the game areas, bosses, items, etc. I’ve removed that language to avoid any misperception.

it looks like it has an installer… it is recommended to play offline due to issues with invasions, other than that it looks great in the stream, items are different places, different enemies as expected and some of the standard progression is different (the bells) etc … looks like a fresh start

It also contains no support for multiplayer (including co-op), and I strongly recommend that you play offline to avoid invasions . Being invaded by a player without the mod installed will lead to broken gameplay – and sadly, coding and testing the required network behavior for co-op on all of the new content (particularly bosses) wasn’t possible for me. You’re welcome to try co-op with someone who also has the mod installed, but things will likely not work out (and you should definitely play by yourself first). Aside from the Orange and White Sign Soapstones, all items have had their online functionality removed.

So that is why offline. You could crash things. But installing seems easy enough.

Download Daughters of Ash from the Nexus link above, double click it, and navigate to your copy of DARKSOULS.exe . This is usually found in Steam/steamapps/common/Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition/DATA . The installer will chastise you if you haven’t already unpacked your game’s files with the UnpackDarkSoulsForModding tool, which is very easy to use and essential for modding the game. My installer will also give you DSfix if you don’t already have it, and will make backups of your existing pre-mod game files for you to easily restore. The mod is, as you’ve probably guessed, completely incompatible with almost any other Dark Souls mod (including randomizers) , so please start with a fresh install of the game.

I want aware of DS mods other than dsfix.

There are so many.

Apparently there are. I don’t do any modding. In fact I think I have only ever used mods for one game, Baldurs Gate.

hanging around in Blighttown, actually it is not that bad once you get down to the second bonfire. Farming maggots for large titanite shards, hanging around with the pyromancer chick, getting the cloranthy ring, you know, basic stuff. Also the framerate, forget it, Jake, it’s Blighttown …

Are you playing the original version or the remastered version? I thought maybe the remastered would have fixed the problems in Blighttown.

My PC, for whatever reasons since it has no problem playing DS2, SOTFS or DS3, was unable to play the remastered version. It kept freezing up at the Demon on the wall fight.

PS3 … still some online players, helping each others ;) I want to play the remastered on PC after this run.

This time I took Mildred with me fighting queelag, now I am a bit said leaving Blighttown behind