Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

Yea, I have no doubt that there are some in the thread and @Scott_Dobros mentioned that he has read thru some of the thread. I know some forums do spoiler free and wide open threads but I haven’t seen that here.

There are spoiler threads for some games - NieR: Automata being the one I remember - but not all, and some people don’t like two threads (spoiler and non-spoiler) for games (just check the Sekiro thread). We’re a diverse bunch, which complicates “standards”, so to speak.

As someone who hasn’t finished the game, I don’t really mind the spoilers that have been posted here. They’re pretty mild, and somewhat obfuscated, and anyway I’ve seen lots of things all over the internet that I haven’t actually seen in the game because I never got that far.

I will admit that there are many things in all these games where you are meant to find answers from someplace outside the game. For instance the DLC location of DS1. The storylines of many of the NPCs as well would be impossible to follow without outside help.

!!SEATH!!

That was the hardest fight I’ve had to do. Victory has left me feeling elated, if a bit sick.

GOOD FUCKING BYE CRYSTAL CAVES

(more later re: spoilers etc., off to have a drink).

I was tempted to grab DS Remastered and replay this again but it’s not currently on sale on PSN and I remembered Sekiro comes out tomorrow. So Sekiro it is!

The painting is a prison to keep Priscilla and other threats to the lords out of the real world. That’s why you’ll also find the dark ember and Velka related items there. She’s half human, half dragon, which makes her a threat to them. Before the painting she was imprisoned at the Asylum where you find the doll that gives you access to the painting.

There’s a lot of fan speculation that she is the child of Seath and Gwynevere, but it’s also possible she’s just the result of Seath’s experimentation on women.

Should you kill her? Maybe not. But her boss weapon does look pretty cool. And you just walked out of a pit of bonewheel skeletons and she’s all “the inhabitants of this land are peaceful” so I mean gimme a break, Priscilla.

This is a good plan. The first half of that can be a bit of a grind so you might consider playing the DLC earlier if you’re getting bored. You probably won’t your first time through, and the DLC is definitely the climax of the series so playing it right before the end makes sense.

Oh my god, Capra Demon sucks so bad.

He is all about using the stairs and killing the dogs early. But damn is he tough if you fail with those.

The worst part is that damn run to the cave. It’s not so bad once you find the invisible path but dodging golems while looking is a real pain. The Clam creatures in the cave are great to farm by the way.

Killing the gods. Hehe.

Yeah, I knew what to do, I’ve fought him every time I’ve booted this game up, so four or five times previously, just getting past him and the dogs to get the stairs is always so headache-inducing. What a shitty boss.

You can stand outside his fog door and kill him with dung pies.

WAT

Yea, I think it takes like 15-20 but it can be done. You just have to find the right place and angle for the throw.

It takes forever, though. Just put up your shield immediately after you enter and either wait for the dogs to attack or if they don’t attack right away dodge right and go around them. Capra used to give me a lot of trouble but once I learned how to handle the first 5 seconds of the fight the rest of it became pretty easy.

Also, if you’re like me and you rarely use lock on you might want to for the dogs because they’re so small and fast. But not right away, save that until you’re up the stairs.

The Dark Souls series is very weird in the way things effect enemies. There are some immune to some effects while others are greatly damaged by them. Poison can kill a few, lightening or fire can really add to the damage you do against some enemies. If you are having problems with a boss or class of enemy it is worth trying something special.

And the seemingly useless (it will poison you for using it) dung pie can do great damage to some enemies.

there is an area where you can fight 4-5 Capra demons in a row… But they are pretty easy to fight if you have enough space to move arround …

say WHAT?

yeah and 2-3 Taurus demons thrown in for good meassure… I think in the demon ruins

Great. That’s where I’m heading after I kill Nito.