Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

It will only emphasize how much of a wimp Capra is.

Yeah. The problem with the Capra Demon is how little space you have to fight him the first time you meet him, and the two dogs.

It’s really pretty much just the dogs.

When you fight them later on they are much easier.

After an amazing detour through the mythic lands of feudal Japan, I’m ready to head back down into the dark to conquer Nito. I threw myself at him a few times to try and figure out what I was up against, and it seems like it’ll be a bit of a challenge.

During the opening cutscene, when he first appeared onscreen, I rememberd thinking “shit, I’m going to have to fight this guy at some point aren’t I?” I guess that time has come. I will be overjoyed when I can finally put the Tomb behind me.

Welp…shouldn’t have taken a break to play Sekiro. I’m so bad at this game now! After dying too many times to skelly-dogs, I decided to leave the tomb for another day and progress to the next place on my list: Demon Ruins.

What better way to relearn Souls combat than to fight a host of Taurus and Capra demons? Sigh.

Ceaseless Discharge (really???) was a weird one. I guess I already activated it from its dormant state when I ran into that area previously to pick up the treasure hiding there. As soon as I entered the fog gate it started comin at me. I didn’t really get a good up close look at it…what IS that thing?

I ran around in circles getting consumed by fire having no idea how to fight this thing, until I ran back to the fog gate and started hammering on some bloated appendage. I hit it like four times doing decent damage, and then the fifth hit like totally wiped the remaining healthbar. Had to be a bug yeah?

Whatever. I’ll take it.

So now I’m on floor of a drained lava lake trying to slowly pull one demon at a time and it’s not going so well. Time to Havel up I guess and do my best to cut them down.

Not a bug, that method is intended. It’s hard to see from your point of view, but what happened is he jumped at you and was hanging on with that appendage you hit. Once you hit it a few times he lets go and falls to his death.

PIcked this up for Switch the other day and it’s so good playing back through it again.

Oh my that’s hilarious! I totally stumbled into that.

Yea, it is a weird thing to experience. Then you get to NG++ or something and it doesn’t work anymore and you have to actually kill him. Still not a hard fight but it is a surprise.

Blazed through the Demon Ruins, Great Hollow, and Ash Lake. Taking a detour into DLC land before heading into Izalith.

I read somewhere you need to be rank 2 with the spider flamekeeper to get Solaire to show up during the final fight. Is that something I should do? Costs something like 30 humanity I think. …

it is needed to open a shortcut to Izalith, the huge gate, otherwise if you reach it from the other side you will find a mad Solaire, happened to me, and I killed him … I found the final fight to be tough solo. I never could parry him, so there you go

Probably only worth it if you’re doing pyromancy. Canonically Solaire does not make it to the end, but advancing in the covenant lets you save him and partake in jolly cooperation at the end of the game.

To get to rank 2 in that covenant pre-remaster you had to turn in humanities one at a time. Now you can just dump all 30 in one shot. There’s a really good place to farm humanities just before the last boss of the dlc.

I think you need to do the Solaire stuff in order to have him show up as an NPC for the final fight. Otherwise it is just a sad moment in the game.

I’m so excited for you. The DLC is really great in this game. It’s the best part! So don’t be in such a rush to finish it.

No rush whatsoever. I got to Nito, I’m at the Doors of Izalith, dug around in the tree and killed my Second Hydra, and now I want to get back to exploring a new area.

After a ton of stressful bossfights in Sekiro, I want to get back to that awesome Dark Souls exploration/discovery. From all the high praise I’ve read in this thread, I figured the DLC area was the place to go : )

Maybe the best fight in the entire game.

Hey what’s this Sekiro boss doing in my Dark Souls game?

Timed dodge rolls? Small windows of opportunity? Shield pretty much useless? Artorias is a pretty cool fight. Liking this quite a bit. Got him down to like an inch of health before I mistimed a dodge. I put away my shield and I’m two-handing my Claymore. Should be able to get him down on my next few attempts.

Is this the fight you’re talking about?

Yeah, everybody loves Artorias. It’s a cool fight with a character you’ve heard about as this amazing hero throughout the game and he’s all…voidy and stuff. Definitely something I look forward to every time I play that game.

I get the feeling Sekiro is trying to set up a similar thing for that game’s dlc with Tomoe. Just imagine if Artorias had had four phases…

Now that From is venturing into a more directed experience, they should explore the rival fight concept from stylish action games, like where you fight Vergil or Jeanne multiple times over the course of the game. There’s more impact than you get with only 1 or 2 battles.

They kinda sorta did this with The Pursuer in Dark Souls 2, which is another reason why it’s their best game. [ahem]