Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

Oh, did you shoot Gwynevere before leaving Anor Londo?

Uh, nope…is that a thing you should do?

I did fight Gwyndolin the Darkmoon, and now that I remember back, I forgot to go back to finish that fight. Good thing that switch playthrough is going strong…(heading to the depths). Lots to do.

Ok did a bit of internet digging, and that seems like a pretty wild way to go about the endgame. And I think I can get that darkwraith armor that way, no?

It’s a thing you should do. Ideally just before killing Gwyndolin.

Came back to replay this (remastered this time) after getting sick of Sekiro. What a great game. Tried a full on cleric with a mace and it’s been a lot of fun. Just killed O&S and headed through the Archives. Next up, Crystal Caves!

The mace really is an underappreciated weapon.

Not in Dark Souls. The move set is terrible. Another DS2 improvement.

It’s enjoyable bashing everything, whatever the move set may be. I am crushing your head!

Just need to take down the Four Kings and I’ll have my soul collection complete. I might actually venture into NG+ when I’m done since I’m really enjoying the cleric.

When I’m done with Demon’s Souls I’m gonna try this.

The Remaster of Dark Souls is on sale on Steam today. As an owner of the original, it’s $8 for me. Tempting. Though it’s still not clear to me how it’s different from playing the original with DSFix.

60fps, right? I never played dsfix above 30 because I heard there were some bad glitches possible if you did.

what I like most in any Souls game is, that if you die you do not have to replay shit from a checkpoint. You chose to replay shit from a bonfire, because you want your souls back, or if not, you chose to go into a totally different direction. In regular games, it feels like a rewind, do it again. In souls it does not feel like a repeat.

I think the real reason to play it now is that the original is, as I understand it, no longer co-op in any way. To play with others you would need the remastered version. So if you like to summon or be summoned, or think invasions are nice you need the remastered version.

For some reason it wouldn’t play on my almost new system. Kept crashing with the first boss on the castle wall.

So I’m guessing you picked it up Scuzz? This will be my 3rd time buying this same game. But I have to admit, if there’s one game that deserves to be bought three times, it’s this one.

There, I convinced myself. That way if I want to play this game again, the online portion will be available to me.

Edit: There, I went to my Steam library, and removed Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from my favorites. Added Dark Souls: REMASTERED to my favorites instead. So next time I want to install it, it will be right there.

I have now purchased Shadow of the Colossus three times.

I returned the Remastered version because it wouldn’t play on my system for some reason. My PC handled SOTFS and DS3 without a problem but couldn’t take DS1 remastered.

Really? Huh. I guess I should install it soon, just to make sure.

As I mentioned above it kept crashing on the boss fight on the castle parapet, the Demon before you meet Solaire. After playing with the controls for awhile I just asked Steam for my money back and they agreed.

I started the game last night, and I got to this point and beat the demon and met Solaire before logging out. So far so good. I’m really enjoying the 60 frames per second more than I thought I would. The game just feels a lot smoother.

I also started this last night, while my girlfriend was using the TV (making it unavailable for Bloodborne), and I found some of the changed lighting effects, particularly the weird blue glow from item drops, a little chintzy. The 60fps is pretty nice, though.