Dark Souls - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor

Uncharted has its own threads here, check them out. Or the Internet. I’m sure you can readily find story synopses there.

To be more clear, it is very very very unlikely that Demon’s Souls will ever be released on any other platform than PS3. I have never seen any news claiming that it would.

Anyone know what the word is on the DS servers these days? Last I heard they were supposed to be going down this month… such a shame.

Those screen shots look amazing. Their architecture has so much weight to it. This may be my most anticipated title of the year.

They’ve pushed it back to at least October 2011

Ouch, that’s dangerously close to being buried under the inevitable media onslaught of Skyrim. Not that I won’t get both, or that both games are even aimed at the same exact audience, but I’d hate for this to be great and have their thunder stolen.

No that’s the date when the Demon’s Souls severs may go offline. Not the Dark Souls release date.

He’s talking about the Demon’s Souls servers, not a release date.

Paper, Demon’s Souls is a Sony-owned IP, so it will never ever appear on the PC except in an emulated form in a future roughly eight to ten years from now.

Yeah, that’s one of the things I love about Demon’s Souls. The Boletarian Palace, to take an early example, isn’t really a “realistic” fortification or residence, but it simultaneously feels more real than most video game castles while fitting perfectly into the game’s setting.

Without it’s architecture, Demon’s Souls would be far less compelling an experience.

Sure there is. Here’s one: puppy!

In all seriousness, those are absolutely gorgeous. And that is a big damn wolf.

I agree the architecture and sound/music design were a big part of the atmosphere.

The third screenshot does echo the Latria level design, but I can’t look at it and not see the famous Bladerunner Bradbury Hotel shot. I swear I can see the blimp up there too…
h t t p://cdn-images.hollywood.com/site/blade_runner_bradbury.jpg

D’oh, that’s what I get from skimming threads on my phone only half paying attention. Carry on.

^ OH GOD YES

tl/dr: Looks brilliant.

I would pay $200 for a finished copy of that game right now.

Thanks Forgeforsaken! That video provided me with everything a Demon’s Souls fan needed to know about Dark Souls. Exploring a dark and bleak world with the possibility of soul crushing deaths.

I was not expecting the October 2011 release date, same time as the DS servers are supposed to go down. Perfect timing. Going to have to stash a bit more away over the summer months for an already busy holiday gaming season. Now the difficult choice what platform to choose.

-Tim

That video was awesome. Absolutely can not wait to get this game. Need to finish up Demon’s Souls over the summer…

My most anticipated title this year.

The previous game I imported from Hong Kong because at that time, it wasn’t looking like it would come out in the west.

This time, if necessary, I will import this game from the freaking moon.

That was a really good video. I loved Demon Souls, even if I wasn’t good at it and didn’t put in as much time as you all did :)

~C~

same boat here. I love Demon Souls. Love it more then a grown man should love a video game. If the game play is half as satisfying in dark souls as its predecessor, it will be money well spent.

Yeah, they need to stop the exclusivity bullshit and put out Demon Souls for XBox 360 so I can play that while I wait for this. :)