Dark Souls: the platform (available for free)

Well, I’m glad the post was useful to someone ;)

There will be a sequel. Best news:

The most common feedback Nigoro has gotten regarding La-Mulana is that the game is often unclear. Players have trouble figuring out where to go or what to do. For La-Mulana 2, the developers’ goal is to provide players with guidance throughout the game. To illustrate this point, Naramura showed me a little bit of gameplay, in which switches set into the floor caused obvious changes in the level – a door opening, or a treasure chest opening. For instances in which a switch activates a change that takes place offscreen, Naramura said, the player’s view would pan to the location of the change so the player doesn’t have to wonder what happened where. They’ve been working hard to think of ways to guide the player without resorting to walls of text or a companion character stopping the flow of the action, and they plan to have the levels start out simple and gradually increase in complexity.
I’m sure it will be a year or two until it’s released. I’ll start a new thread with a better title before then. :)

Along with La-Mulana 2, we’re hearing rumblings about a Vita port of the first game. The adventure continues.

I would be SO up for that. Love La Mulana, but it’s a hassle to fire up Boot Camp each time I want to play.

La Mulana is now on sale for three bucks. I contemplated adding it to backlog, and finally decided that I would give it a fair go.

This game has hard puzzles. The actual platforming isn’t that terrible, but running around figuring stuff out makes me feel like I’m five years old, sitting in front of the TV and wondering why doesn’t boss die even when I’m shooting it. Only when I got older then I realised that I had to shoot the eye.

La Mulana is SO HARD. It’s at least a million times harder than Dark Souls.

It’s not hard so much as literally impossible to play without a guide. I’d say the actual mechanics are about as difficult as Dark Souls: the boss fights, the running to the next checkpoint, etc. But the puzzles were specifically designed to call back to a bygone era. They are silly now.

If you read my story earlier in the thread, you’ll see I started out fine by myself until the game reduced me to reading a walkthrough word for word. Everyone should at least play the first few hours until they get lost or bored. Great gameplay, world, and music (but get the retro music pack).

I was very tempted at $3, but the new me is being more disciplined. I don’t want a game that I have to consult a wiki or hump walls. My wife made me promise, no more wall humping. You never know what you might catch.

It took me an hour to figure out you could enter the tent on the first screen.

It’s time to bump one of the worst thread titles on QT3.

Summer 2018.

My thoughts on this announcement in musical form:

Price will be $24.99 and they’re doing a livestream event July 29th.

Still no release date. The news updates are all about how they’re crunching to knock out bugs and finish localization. I’m a little concerned that will take longer than they think.

So its not free? points at thread title

:p