Darkest Dungeon

Early access starting Feb 3rd! Also if you backed it via kickstarter for $20 or more, you get access on Jan 30th.

any idea if it is going to EA for $20 …or more?

From the forums :

The devs have mentioned (most recently in this podcast interview[gamersinbeta.com]) that the Early Access price will be $20.
So it does seem like it :-)

Like most Kickstarters, I’m holding off until this is complete, but I am very excited about it. The tone they struck in the original trailer ticked 90% of my brain-boxes, so. . . . yeah :)

Might watch a LP or two on Twitch or Youtube before shutting down on the game until release, though. . .

So, it sounds like there is some persistent advances/improvements you make in the town between runs? I really liked that aspect to Shriren the Wanderer. Even though a run might end, you could advance an npc thread, open a shortcut, or unlock a new vendor, etc.

If you liked that aspect make sure you check out Dungeonmans - you get an entire academy to upgrade plus your hero. It hasn’t gotten much love on QT3 but it’s really a pretty good roguelike, certainly as good as Dredmore.

With a name like that, I’m not surprised. Maybe they should have used a “z” on the end. But seriously, thanks for the suggestion.

Dev mentioned in the Steam forum that emails should be sent out tomorrow by 10AM PST on how to activate your keys.

This shit looks really compelling. Write more stuff, those of you who backed it.

I am REALLY looking forward to this one - Especially since I see that there apparently is a healthy meta game when you aren’t dungeneering from some screenshots, where you can hire and train and equip your “heroes”. The atmosphere is really cool as well - I hope they manage to make it feel scary as the trailers suggest.

Got my email, processed thru Humble Bundle giving me Steam key, and I’m in.

I get a very good first impression. High on atmosphere and seems to have some depth. The question, in my mind, is whether it will feel like it’s “on rails” or whether you have meaningful choices to make. But it’s been a very fun first couple of hours.

Where is mah key?!!?!!?!!!

Read the latest kickstarter update, it has instructions on how to redeem it through Humble bundle.

Yep got it working, and its fantastic! :)

PRO TIP, bring lots of food.

I missed this kickstarter. Is there a way to buy in now? It says early access on Steam but you can’t actually buy it? Or is EA the February 3rd date? CONFUSED.

Early Access Backers (Wanderer Tier+) will Get Steam Keys Friday Jan 30th
The public can purchase Early Access on Steam starting Feb. 3rd

Alright, thanks man. Mike Laidlaw tweeted about it, else I would still be in the -cough- dark about this one.

Really looking forward to this one, please give us some impressions early backers! I’ve got an itchy trigger finger on the purchase button.

I was disappointed during work all day. I didn’t see a key in my email and then i thought i must have pledged for the cheap bastard level.

Then i came home, noticed i did actually pledge for for the early access. read about claiming my key and got my key. Thank you past self!