Darksiders 3: Hell hath no Fury

Darksiders 3 has been announced. Trailer:

Original announcement on IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/02/darksiders-3-announced-a-ign-first

It seems the original team (from Darksiders 1 and 2) is actually behind this one, so here’s hope it will be good!

Gonna miss playing Death. He needs his own series.

Hm. So who is that chick supposed to be?

I wish they went with Famine and Pestilence next. Now that would have been interesting: those are pretty original concepts to base a main character on.

She’s Fury, from what I read.

Not capitalizing that in the thread title seems like a missed opportunity, @rhamorim :)

Like Greek stuff? That doesn’t fit the Christian mythology, doesn’t it?

You are correct, but that’s still who she is. :)

Never mind. Capitalized as suggested because yeah, I thought I had but it turns out I hadn’t. ;)

Without Joe Mad?

Pretty much.

Everything about that trailer was off putting to me.

Heh, I was sure this was some old thread getting bumped! Glad to see that team still at work.

-Tom

Is it just me or does her face kind of look out of place in the game? Almost like a different team did it than did the rest of the game.

Just you. She was not only designed at the same time as the other horsemen, but she also looks similar to Uriel, which features prominently in both Darksiders 1 and 2.

Awesome. This is not anywhere near my preferred genre but I loved the first two.

But Fury isn’t one of the Horsemen? Confused. I liked the first Darksiders, but never got around to playing the second. Will be interested to check this out.

I don’t know what popular opinion is on how the first two games compare, but I found the second to be a much better experience. A lot of that is due to Death (Top Dollar/Michael Wincott from the Crow) being such a better character than War. But for me it was the environments and dungeons too.

If you enjoyed the first one you need to play #2.

She is in the Darksiders universe, set up from the first game.

War, Death, Fury and Strife.

Oh, this shit won’t confuse anybody at all.

Much excite! So it looks like her signature weapon will be whips? I know in Darksiders 2 when death first gets a gun, he talks about how it was one of Strifes weapons, so I assume he’s a gun focused figure. But I don’t recall there being much exposition about Fury in either game. But then I didn’t finish up DS2 either. Now that I have the PS4 version from that Humble Bundle I think I’ll go back and play through them again.

I agree. I never finished #1, but I did #2.