Darksiders 3: Hell hath no Fury

I haven’t played #2 yet, but if you never finished #1, you missed out on the Portal portion of the game near the end. I loved that part.

I finished both, but Darksiders 1 managed to hold my undivided attention for longer. At some point I stopped playing Darksiders 2 and only returned a good while later to finish it.

I think 1 has somewhat better pacing. Its Zelda-like structure is also easier to parse than the open-world-ish nature of 2. But I loved the loot part in 2, along with the (mostly) improved combat.

If your open world is boring… don’t have an open world. Still, I liked both games, but only finished the first.

I don’t even remember why I stopped. Was combat less complicated or was there less reliance on combos in #2? I don’t like having to remember needed to press XXYX for one attack and XXYY for another.

Any resemblance of Zelda on the Xbox… I’ll take it! Could do with an RPG to tie me over until Red Dead 2 comes out

There be gameplay footage. http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/05/05/darksiders-3-gameplay-reveal-ign-first

Nothing to get overly excited about right now.

$400 for Darksiders 3 + Amiibos figurines and stuff.

It’s also available to preorder on Steam and GOG now. US$ 59.99 for US, R$ 189,99 (!!!) for Brazil.

11 minutes of updated footage.

There’s a Souls -like rhythm to the boss fight (yes, I know everyone’s sick of the comparison)

Oh suuuure, but apparently they aren’t sick of Zelda and Metroid comparisons.

Well this isn’t exactly making me excited to play it.

Wow, no kidding. I’ve been replaying the first two games the last couple weeks to hype myself up for this one… but that article is undoing my hype.

I can feel Darksiders’ spirit in here somewhere, but the level feels empty. There are no platforming sections. There are no treasure chests full of weapons. There is some very light puzzling, involving throwing insects at web barriers. Mostly you just run through some gloomy corridors and squash some giant crabs.

eegghh

I think this is the strongest trailer released so far:

Indeed!

Yeah it looks good, but I still have Darksiders 2 to play! :p

From all the ho-hum screenshots released so far, it seems this one is missing the over-the-top and colourful comic-book of Joe Madureira.

This must be out.

71 on Open Critic. Not a strong start for jump-starting my interest at “fair”.

I loved the first Darksiders, but for some reason I can’t honestly recall, never got into the second. Something about it lacked the charm of the first game, maybe? I just didn’t really have a lot of fun and sort of wandered off it after a few hours. I had hopped this one would pull me back, but skimming the reviews I’ll probably just end up skipping this one.

For those that love this gameplay, it will probably scratch that itch well as not too many reviews are outright hostile or negative, thankfully. Though a few are, like that one from Game Rant. Yikes. Most of the 7-9 sites gave it a 7 or 8.