Darren Aronofsky's Watchmen?

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16032

Begging the question of how, exactly, one condenses one of the greatest comic miniseries of all-time into two hours, this isn’t a bad choice for director.

Medical marijuana grow

Although it’s a fairly dense story, by comic book standards at least, the amount of actual text in the story probably isn’t all that huge. I can’t imagine a better director to handle this story.

I wasn’t into the comic scene at the time Watchmen came out, and only got around to reading it a year or two ago, but isn’t much of the hype around the book how it was a big turning point in the writing of comic books?

That’s not to say that Watchmen is anything other than good, just that the things that make it so special to comic fans will really be meaningless to those who don’t follow the industry. Isn’t much of what Watchmen tried to do that previous comics didn’t already become standard for some comic lines?

I suspect this means that condensing the storyline won’t be as hard as someone might think, if only because the effect the original story had is already lost on most people regardless.

It might fly a little closer to the ground with the somewhat recent popularity of the Spider-Man and X-Men flicks.

I wonder if they’re trying to do a modern update, or if it’ll be a period piece retaining the cold war setting?

While I’m pleased that Aronofsky’s allegedly at the helm, as opposed to someone like Schumaker or, say, McG, I’m far more excited about Aronofsky’s “Flicker,” another “in production” title the imdb alleges his name’s attached to.

This is due solely to the plot synopsis:
After becoming obsessed with the work of a hack filmmaker, a Los Angeles film student concludes that B movies are part of a plot to obliterate life on Earth.

Watchmen be damned; make that first.

Then it turns out that it’s all headed up by a movie projector that became sentient after coming in contact with slug junk.

Something about Aronofsky’s writing bugs the shit out of me. Pi was especially obnoxious.

Then it turns out that it’s all headed up by a movie projector that became sentient after coming in contact with slug junk.

I’m not the only one who read Shade the Changing Man, I see.

I’m still concerned that it’ll be changed in tone and nature by Hollywood. I’d prefer the script doesn’t pull any punches like most comic book movies have.