Dave Long Fan Thread

What’s the point? That some of what Dave says is right and some of it is wrong? Some of his predictions came out true and some came out false. Isn’t that true of all the posters on this board, especially when we make speculative comments about the future?

It would be interesting to see whose pseudonym “Col. Hogan” is. Notice that he didn’t speak much beyond the quotations, not giving his personality away.

Its too bad there wasn’t more material, the poster could have done the same sort of research I was trying to do on Dave Long (but gave up when I realized it would take far too long for the expected payoff). If the poster did indeed research 10 months or so of Long posts, he got a lot farther than I did (I think I made it through 3 months).

I agree with Sharp; what’s the point here? Did Dave blatantly contradict himself somewhere that I missed, or is this just a DLONG greatest hits collection circa 2001? So he was wrong about Xbox being destined for third place. A lot of people were wrong about that.

Edit: typo.

I don’t get it, either.

Are you gonna do this for all the regulars here?

i hope i get one

Isn’t that true of all the posters on this board, especially when we make speculative comments about the future?

I’m always right. If you have a pen or pencil handy, write that down for future reference.

176 posts? You’ve got a ways to go.

Mine should be fairly easy to do. Too bad we don’t have the old board still, that’d be a hoot to plow through.

Oh, ouch, I said hoot. I’ll go crush my skull with an Xbox now.

Oh, double ouch, I’m kicking the dead horse. Guess it’s time to go and find a Daikatana to kill myself with, it seems to be quite good at ending things, especially careers.

Oh, my, I’m really being bad tonight. Not just any kind of bad, but Gabe and Tycho I-think-I’m-funny-when-I’m-really-not bad.

Oh, fuck, I’m bashing Penny Arcade now. Won’t someone just shoot me in the head from 200 yards away at a gas station with a .223?

Oh, shit, was that bad form, or am I just shooting comedy blanks tonight?

There, I just gave Hogan a headstart if he wants to quote me.

176 posts? You’ve got a ways to go.[/quote]

you’ve got two weeks and 900 posts on me, brad :P

Sorry, I meant to say: “Isn’t that true of all the posters on this board (except for wumpus, of course), especially when we make speculative comments about the future?”

How’s that? :wink:

I suspect the point was a reaction to the “See, I was right” comments in another thread, and that if you make enough predictions, you’re bound to get one or more right.

To which I’d just like to say, “So what?”

I suspect the point was a reaction to the “See, I was right” comments in another thread, and that if you make enough predictions, you’re bound to get one or more right.

To which I’d just like to say, “So what?”[/quote]

Yes, that’s what I don’t get. Why put so much effort into compiling something that basically proves a common sense principle (make tons of predictions, and you’re gonna get one right) ?

Excellent idea!

Dave Long Protective Products in Iowa City.

Dave Long’s Publications (I’m keen on this one, myself: Design of a Prototyping System for High-Speed Dynamically Reconfigurable Logic).

Dave Long’s Minor League Baseball website.

(Exactly!)

Dave Long’s Sierra Madre Herpetoculture (currently out of stock, sorry).

Dave Long’s empty website.

Dave Long’s poorly formatted website.

Dave Long, president of Hilltop Ranch.

Co-founder of Hilltop Ranch – Dave is a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, who came to the almond industry with a background in construction and engineering.

From Dave Long’s, An Attempt at Taxonomy:

(Christopher and Yaron are always fighting! Why must they fight so?)

Dave Long’s personal website.

Dave Long, Cabrillo High School Aquarium Advisor.

The Cabrillo High School Aquarium is a not-for-profit organization. We began in 1986, and have served the public through the generous support of our community and student volunteers.

Dave Long’s Railway Videos.

As a Signalman at Settle Junction, Dave Long has videoed his working days, with shots of Preserved Steam Locos and Diesel Locos, Passenger and Freight Trains. Including Wildlife and Extreme weather conditions

Hey can someone do one for me ? Should be a good mix of pro-gun, anti-US government, pro-Gulf War, kangaroos, crocodiles, hardcore flight sims, and anti-Huffman.

It should make me look like a total loony.

Question: If you were a superhero, what would your superpower be?

Sheesh, you’re no Dave Long.

How dare someone use my name !

Crikey!