DaveC - KOTOR question for you. (Re: LESBIANS!)

Dave,

I was showing some friends the Juhani lesbian romance thread recently. One of them relayed a rumor to me - claiming to have heard that there was originally a much more robust romance thread between female characters and Juhani, but LucasFilm demanded that it be cut. Is there any truth to this rumor? It does seem odd for it just to be tossed into the very last conversation of the game, as a throwaway. 

For those of you who don’t mind late-game spoilers, here’s a link to the conversation in question.

Kitty Love!

If you kill Juhani instead of trying to turn her from the dark side, it is made quite explicit that she already had a relationship with another female Jedi there (the woman involved curses you for not trying to save her and later shows up in the Sith academy as a fallen jedi). She also had a male suitor who also shows up at the Sith academy, which apparently is the haven for fallen furries.

It’s interesting to see, although not sure it really counts as “lesbian”. I mean, if you’re trying to get busy with a male Wookie, there’s more issues involved than mere gender.

What’s really disturbing are the fan mods for BG2 that let you romance Imoen. Your sister.

Do you honestly think I would answer a question like that, even if I knew?

Do you honestly think I would answer a question like that, even if I knew?

Yes. You would do it because you love us, DaveC.

–scharmers

If only this storyline can be enhanced for the PC version.

[Homer]Mmmmm…Lesbians…[/Homer]

Must you deal with the Malak? Can it not wait one more night?

Once again, we have a dev following the “SpoofyChop” doctrine, which can be summarized in the following way:

“Never talk about your current project. Also, never talk about other projects at your company if it involves lesbians.”

Good going DaveC!

Dammit, will someone alert President Bush so he can get these immoral lesbians out of our games!

It’s already taken care of. Go here:

www.KotorLesbianBush.org

You’ll find an impassioned plea to the president to help us clean up this dark side filth from our Star Wars games!

Do you honestly think I would answer a question like that, even if I knew?[/quote]

Why couldnt you answer this?

olaf

Because it’d get him fired?

If he were Canadian, he could now legally answer it. Also, Dutch.

I am Canadian.

(Beer commercial reference not intended)

LIAR.

You say as much, but you refuse the subject of open and frank lesbian discussion between consenting adults! (chronologically speaking) Hence, by process of elimination, you must be American. Or Chinese. One of the two. Possibly an American-landed Chinese immigrant.

Maybe Full Throttle II was cannceled for Dark Forces 6: Jedi Dykes? ;)

I’m 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Irish and 1/2 French Canadian.

I should feel somehow validated, but I’m mostly disappointed.

Maybe Full Throttle II was cannceled for Dark Forces 6: Jedi Dykes?

My kingdom for a groaner emoticon!

Good grief! It’s bad enough that I’m ALSO a DaveC working for a Canadian videogame company. Now I find out I can’t even say “I’m the part asian, part irish one?”

Dude… seperated at birth?

I’d lean more towards schizophrenic.