Days Gone coming to PC

I’ve played this quite a bit over the last couple of weeks - about 40 hours, not sure how much I had it idle. I’m in the part past Iron Mike’s where the militia is. I’d give it a 3 out of 5 so far. The action is OK, but not very varied. The overall story is actually decent, but the Boozeman thing is grating. Some of the other characters and dialog come across much better. I can’t say I like playing as Deacon, especially one of the choices he made (using the explosives to blow up the Rippers).

When I looked up the number of quests I forgot it was broken up into areas on the IGN site, and I thought I was just about done. Nope, another area (the one I’m in) and it has a lot of quests. For as nice as the world looks, and the places feel believable - they don’t really do much with it.

I want to see where the story ends up just enough that I’ve kept going, but I don’t really feel the game is going to offer up anything worth while from a gameplay perspective. I think I would have been good if it were condensed to 20-30 hours. I’ve skipped a bunch of the side mission stuff.