Days Gone coming to PC

I got it via PS+ and so far it’s reminding me quite a bit of RDR2, which is good for me.

Played three hours so far. Already gotten further than I did when I played the Pro version. It plays infinitely better on PC thanks to the smooth framerate and zero input lag. I am really enjoying it, eventhough the story definitely starts slow and uninvolved. But the gameplay feels great and world is gorgeous, and bike riding is great. The PC version seems flawless on my PC - I haven’t noticed any stutters or game speed issues that Alex mentioned, it runs like well oiled machine, no bugs or crashes.

I find it kinda…strange that so few of Sony’s games are properly updated for PS5. Mostly just unlocked framerate and that’s it. One would think proper nextgen versions of GoW, DG, TLOU2 etc would be a priority, but nope.

Does Deacon become less of an asshole?

Yes, but still an asshole.

My experience is that he’s more of an asshole with every successive playthrough. But at least this time he’s an asshole in super high-res and at a great frame rate!

-Tom

How are they supposed to sell you a remaster in three years if they do that?

Yeah, we already know TLOU remake is in the works, for some inexplicable reason. (Though it could get cancelled after all the publicity from all the article).

They’ve been selling new games specific to PS5 so their teams are busy pushing things forward instead of redoing the past.

Which, conveniently enough, also involves selling you a copy of a game you likely already own.

When does he start being an asshole? I’m not very far in because I’ve been doing side stuff as it pops up, and I just did the mission in the graveyard with the NERO chopper, but so far the only remotely “asshole” thing I can think of that he’s done is give Manny a hard time about parting out his bike, and I mean you get the sense that these people have a pretty decent history at this point, so frankly he should have recognized it. Boozer and Cope both seem a lot more like headstrong assholes to me thus far, but I mean everyone has kind of a reason to be high strung.

Do they come to your house and put a gun to your head and make you buy them?

Oh, well played sir. Carve out the absurd extremity of the argument as your starting point. Anything less must surely be the most reasonable of positions, yes? Please yes Dave, do tell me how not having a gun pointed at my head makes this a winning proposition for me.

All I I know is

Sometimes you’re better off dead
There’s a gun in your hand
And it’s pointed at your head
You think you’re mad
Too unstable
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables
In a restaurant in a dead end town
Call the police, there’s a madman around
Run him down underground
To a DIVEDIVEDIVE bar
In a West End town.

Sorry. Just popped in my head.

thumbsagain

Damn, I LOVE that song. Especially the hard to find version which mentions Stalin. All the versions mention Lenin, indirectly.

The bike is an incredible gas hog.

Oh! It’s that sullen-faced Starkiller dude from Soul Caliber.

I assume it is not possible to dispatch people nonlethally, is it?

Knife the top of the head is lethal?

Dude, it’s the post-apocalypse. It’s totally okay to just kill people instead of knock them out. No one’s going to call the cops on you!

-Tom