DC Universe MOBA Announced: Infinite Crisis

RPS article with beta signup link:

Article doesn’t explicitly mention it, but it’s being developed by Turbine.

I can’t wait to get ganked by a fed Joker while my Aquaman intentionally feeds.

The Major already started a thread over here … though this one certainly has a more informative thread name.

Damn it. I scanned and search the front page multiple times to make sure I wasn’t beaten.

I contemplated coming up with a clever or stupid title for this thread, but thought better of it.

I’m resurrecting this thread, because the name is much more informative than the other one. Anybody playing in the Beta? Any thoughts?

Actually, all I really wanted to say is that I was looking at the characters announced, and: how can you have Zatanna as a character, and NOT have her abilities’ names be in backwards-talk? Screw that.

Are you in the game, Wheeljack? Anything you can tell us?

No, sorry to give that impression. Was wondering if anybody else was. I think the guys on the GWJ podcast talked about it a bit, so I figure NDAs might be over?

It’s the Crystal Scar with Batman and Joker, basically. I don’t mean to be too flip or derogatory here, I just haven’t invested a whole lot of time into the beta because I dislike Dominion.

I hear there is a new map coming, though.

Finally coming to Steam. Does anyone play this? I can’t imagine the player base is very large.

…And goodbye.

After much deliberation, we regret to announce the official shutdown of Infinite Crisis. We will end development efforts today and will close the service on August 14, 2015.

Seems like a lot of time and money wasted.