DC Vertigo relaunches with Zoe Quinn

Yes. That Zoe Quinn. She’s writing one of the new books - Goddess Mode.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/06/07/dc-entertainment-announces-vertigo-returns-to-its-roots-with-a-line-wide-relaunch

“It’s time to rebuild DC Vertigo,” explains Doyle. “We’re returning to our roots by spotlighting the most exciting new voices in comics, as well as bringing new voices to comics. From the corners of television, games, music, activism, podcasting, comics and more, all of our creators are passionate and have something to say. These sophisticated stories have amazing new characters and vast worlds to explore. That’s what it has always been about for me—new stories, new voices, new possibilities. We’re creating a new generation of DC Vertigo classics for readers of all genres.”

I’m sure this will be uncontroversial.

I guess it’s time for Comicgate?

From a right-wing perspective, hiring Zoe Quinn is probably among the least controversial moves.

Holy shit, somebody really badly wants to get swatted.

Well, sounds like I’m on board.

If they hired her for her writing (and assuming it’s good), that might be a good thing. Otherwise… nope. No. Nope. Just no.

Hex wives looks like an attempt to capture some of the Bitch Planet audience.

Vertigo was launched by the legendary Karen Berger, so doubtful.

EDIT: Oh, I thought it was b/c Quinn was a woman, I didn’t connect the other dots. Well, she can either do comics or she can’t and we’ll find out soon enough.

You know what’s missing from that press release? The phrase “creator owned.” Without that, it’s not really Vertigo (and it hasn’t been that for years).

Honestly, I think Image is and probably will continue to be what Vertigo used to.

I’ve never read comic books, but this sounds terrible as shit. I can’t wait.

Got ya covered!

https://mobile.twitter.com/andykhouri/status/1004774411738624000

Good! I’d heard several years ago that DC was de-emphasizing Vertigo because the WB execs were wondering why they were publishing stuff they didn’t have the movie rights to.

Oh my gosh, I want all these.

Those descriptions read like parodies. But there will be one by Rob Sheridan, NIN art director. I loved, loved his blog back in the day. Some of the funniest shit ever written and I hated when he took it down.
The description of his story sounds as generic as it gets, but I have no doubt it will be great.

As for Quinn, I am at the very least curious how it’s gonna be. Has she already written something besides depression quest?

It took me another few post before I finally connected those dots.

I have to say that I’m surprised and pleased that she was able to keep working and advance her career after all this time and all that mountain of garbage that was piled onto her.