DC's Legends of Tomorrow

I just watched the Final Battle again and saw something I missed before: when Beebo sky-dive-power-slams Mallus at the end, he explodes in the shape of a Valentine heart made of blue smoke. Now that’s attention to detail.

It was off the edges of the screen quite fast, as I recall, so you had to be watching pretty closely.

This article perfectly captures what makes the show so much fun:

I seriously love this show. It’s just so much darn fun.

One thing I have to give major props to the show for is they learned from their season one mistakes. Especially Vandal Savage, who locked them into a season long cliche where they would almost get him but you knew they wouldn’t because they had the rest of the season to fill. And thank Beebo that they dumped the hawk people. Best move ever! Season one was so “on rails” that it crushed the fun potential of the show. When they decided to go as zany as possible they turned the show into a fun and crazy ride, which is what sets it apart from the rest of the Arrow-verse.

Pretty much everything about season one was awful. And they have a good time poking fun at their own ineptitude in that respect.

I got too far behind on all the CW shows after the winter break so I have to wait until they pop up on Netflix to catch up. This showed up a couple weeks ago since its season ended first, and it took me a little while to get through the second half of the season, but I loved every second of it. This might be my favorite season of any CW superhero show yet.

Oh yeah, it’s excellent.

I said last year that Legends was probably the best show of that year for the DC Arrowverse just because of how far it had come and I think this year it was straight up my favorite DC show to watch every week, consistently.

I really need to watch Seasons two and three. We just haven’t had the time to keep up with more than Flash and Agents of SHIELD this season. Everyone’s kind of watching Black Lightning on their own time, which is also excellent.

Black Lightning was the best first season since Flash’s first season. Super strong start, can’t wait to see where it goes next.

Legends continues to deliver the campy humor even with the addition of Constantine, who is much more of the dark and morose kind of character. The Charlie’s Angels spoof in the latest episode was hilarious, even if it didn’t last long. I watch all the Arrowverse shows, but this is the one I most look forward to.

Sirens of Space-Time, ftw.

I don’t care which team makes it, as long as Zari cat stays on the show…

I would like more of HardDrive Gideon

I just finished the third episode of this season, where they go to London during the Punk era, and it was the first time this season clicked for me. Legends is always a crazy ride and the first two episodes were kind of throwing stuff against the wall from my POV, but I felt the whole shtick came together in episode 3.

The ride has barely started.

Yep, just wait until you meet Garima!

Yeah, this continues to be the show I just about look forward to the most, ever since around mid-way through season 2 when I really started recognizing that.

Spring episodes start April 1!

So, I’d been enjoying this season, buying the episodes on Amazon streaming. I hadn’t really noticed that instead of the usual “Season Pass” I was buying them episode by episode. But now that the show has resumed, I go to Amazon to watch the new episodes and… they are not available. I am ready to pay my $2 to buy an episode and they don’t want my money.

Apparently, the CW is either trying to force folks to use their website or their streaming service. Sadly, their website won’t stream any episodes for me (even with damnable commercials, which I am willing to tolerate) b/c of my adblocker. And I’m not at all willing to disable that.

So, a show I had been very much looking forward to coming back on the air is something I cannot watch, at least now. Bleh.

I’m beginning to think that when “Peak TV” or “The Golden Age of TV” comes to and end it won’t be b/c of a decline in quality of shows but will be due to the insanely stupid and exploitative dumbassery of various content distributors.

I mean, I’m willing to pay, but I want to watch the goddamn show in the way I’ve become accustomed to. Grr.