Dead Cells - Metroidvania Roguelite in Early Access

I think the Golem is the hardest enemy in the game, I hate them :(

I am never gonna that damn spider rune.

I hope it’s an option in the menu, not integrated into the main campaign like the last DLC. Otherwise, chances are that I’ll never see that area.

Dead Cells music is underrated. Listen:

Well, like the previous DLC, they are alternative paths to the end level. So it isn’t like you have to reach the final boss to play them.

By the way Rock8man, if you have so much problems with the game, have you tried the Custom mode? You can modify the rules at your liking. Last time I played I did it in Custom Mode, modifying how curses work.
You even can unlock stuff in Custom mode, it will only disable the achievements.

I’d just prefer some in-game way of knowing if I’m heading the right way.

Like if I want to see the Bad Seed DLC, which I bought long ago, and I’m headed to the sewers, and I’m not supposed to head to the sewers, I wish the game would warn me so that I keep looking for the other exit. And then so on in the next area too, until I reach the DLC area. I just hate looking up maps and stuff outside the game itself.

How is it gonna know you want to go to a specific place, though.

Some kind of way of letting me set a destination maybe.

You’re right, they need an in-game map or something. I think there was one posted in this thread around when I got the game, and I used it, and it worked really well. But I don’t want to go track down that map again, I want it in the game.

It isn’t like there is a dozen of divergent paths, in that case I’d agree it would be hard to find. There is only 2-3 exits in each level. In the first DLC level case, you need the teleportation rune to access through the starting level (except the first time where a key is used).
You can access the second dlc level and boss by walking from that first dlc level, or from Prison Depths, or using teleportation rune from Promenade.

I agree that I wish there was an in game map but here it is with all the latest updates :-)

That one is too small, hurts my eyes.

I found a couple of nice big ones on reddit, but they don’t have as much information on them.

Like this one is nice and big, but it’s not nearly as useful as the tiny one you linked to.

DLC is out. After three attempts I still haven’t seen the new levels. Three respective curse chests are the ones to blame.

:(

Are you checking the bigger, static version?
edit. ugh, this one
https://deadcells.gamepedia.com/File:Biome_Map.png

Your link takes me to this:

??

Btw, what LMN8R’s tiny hard to see map told me was that the first branching into a new area in the bad see DLC actually is in the very first level! No wonder I never found it naturally.

So this weekend I kept looking in the first level until I found it!

I got through that area, but the next area killed me with a vengeance. I don’t know if the game itself has become harder or my skills have atrophied or what, but it’s hard!

Fixed link. I believe.

And yeah, I said as much. It’s in the first branch, so it was puzzling how you couldn’t find it.

edit

So these are the new dlc items:

Iron Staff - Melee weapon
The first hit allows you to parry melee hits. The combo inflicts critical hits after a successful parry.

Snake Fangs - Melee Weapon
Teleports you to the nearest target. Poisons victims (4 DPS for 15 sec). Inflicts critical hits if the target has more than 5 poison marks.

Ferryman’s Lantern - Melee weapon
Kill an enemy to gather its soul. The last combo hit snatches a soul from Bosses.
It’s just “melee” in quotes, it will fire the gathered souls too.

Serenade - Item
Summons a flying sword that will mark enemies, trigger it again to inflict critical hits on them while holding the weapon, and vice-versa! The sword will vanish after 30 sec if you don’t hit the marked enemies.
While it’s an item, it will temporally appear on your melee slot, replacing whatever you had.

Lightning Rods - Item
Place up to 2 lightning rods to attract lightning that strikes all enemies in between.

Cocoon - Item
Parries all around you dealing 30 damage. A successful parry resets the cooldown.

Scarecrow’s Sickles - Item
Comes back to you automatically. Inflicts increasingly severe critical hits after each hit.

I now find myself wondering whether to get the DLCs on PC where I already own the game or the whole bundle for PS4 where it will be much more accessible for couch gaming…

Do you have an Apple TV? I use Steam link for my couch gaming and it works really well. My whole network is wired though.

I’d recommend it on console yeah. I have played it extensively on both. I bought it on Xbox and then got access to the PC version through Game Pass, and it’s definitely a great laid back couch game. Not as fun on a computer chair because I’m uncomfortable the whole time.