Dead Cells - Metroidvania Roguelite in Early Access

Nice, I love big weapons.

and I cannot lie

I’m really having trouble beating the game with one boss cell active. Zero is simple. One is such a pain for me.

This most recent run I had an amazing ice crossbow and maxed out my top weapon stat at level 22. Just disintegrated everything in my path. But I decided to do the Distillery instead of High Peak Castle and it just kicked my butt so I only had one health potion for the hand of the king. Ugh.

Any tips?

Here’s what I do: I deactivate the one boss cell and then let my skills atrophy over time, that way I start having trouble with zero boss cells again.

It’s hard to give any useful advice. Saying ‘try to be hit less’ doesn’t sound particularly useful, right?

How about this: go very slow until you get the enemy timing down perfectly. I think the shields were the best way to learn timing? Use parries/counters (whatever they are called, I can’t remember). Only then do you start speeding up. Do this on zero BC if you aren’t lasting long enough on one BC to get any real training. Once you’re completely nailing the timing go to one BC. Don’t take any new routes until after you beat it.

Even though you’re doing better, make sure to stop every now and then to take stock of the situation before continuing.

Maybe that’s my problem - I never use shields. So there are always some enemies I have problems with. Hmmmm

The 24th update
https://dead-cells.com/patchnotes

Basically item balancing (more buffs than nerfs) and more room types for 3 biomes. Also room creation for modders.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/588650/eventcomments/3056240878563461887?ctp=3

It’s out now

Any note on when it’ll hit consoles?

My Xbox version was updated a couple of days ago. I had assumed it was this update. I haven’t fired it up in a while.

What does the bolded part mean? I have not beat the game, so that is why it probably doesn’t make sense to me.

When you beat the final boss of the game, you unlock the next difficulty. It’s called boss cell level. Monster and boss are harder, some doors unlock depending on the boss cell you have, etc.
I think the true ending is at boss level 5, but I never got that high

I haven’t played in months, but it seems a content update with crossovers is coming

I was wondering what a crossover was so I watched the video.

I see, basically new weapons.

Well, that’s another five bucks they’re getting from me.

6M units sold.

I have to admit that’s much lower than I was expecting. For some reason I always thought of this as a huge megahit. But I can’t pinpoint where I got that impression. Maybe it winning multiple game of the year awards before it ever hit 1.0.

I mean, 6 million puts it in like the top ten indie games of all time by units sold.