Dead Rising 4: Frank's back. All alone.

So, apparently this is going to be announced at E3: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-dead-rising-4-state-of-decay-2-tipped-for-microsoft-e3-reveal

Images show Dead Rising 1 protagonist Frank West in a familiar setting - although the usually-reliable source Ekim has suggested it’ll be a revised remake of Dead Rising 1, albeit with four-player co-op and an expanded map.

I rather like the sound of that. Though split screen coop might be too much to hope for.

Wendelius

I was pretty lukewarm on Dead Rising 3, but co-op is always a welcome addition for my household, even if it’s not split screen.

Ooh, they’re also unveiling State of Decay 2. I enjoyed State of Decay much more than the Dead Rising games.

Wait, what? Who’s unveiling a State of Decay 2? Suddenly I kind of care about E3.

-Tom

Reportedly coming during Microsoft’s E3 press briefing.

State of Decay will be an always-online affair.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/739863008726372352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Eww, so Microsoft is publishing it?

I know Undead Labs planned to make State of Decay a sort of MMO – their founder is a former Guild Wars guy, I believe – but I hope it’s not going to be consigned to the irrelevance of being an Xbox One exclusive.

As for another Dead Rising, they’d do well to go back to the contained setting of the first game. Dead Rising 3 was a shapeless mess.

-Tom

Good news for you then. Dead Rising 4 is rumored to be a return to the mall with Frank West. Sort of a remake with new stuff like co-op added.

The original game was published by Microsoft!

Right, but that was the pre-Xbox One Microsoft. Back then, they might have hated PCs, but at least they had a meaningful presence in the console space. Any game published by Microsoft these days might as well get swept under a rug. :(

-Tom

Isn’t Microsoft"s whole strategy now to merge PC and Xbox gaming? I don’t think it has to be an Xbox exclusive. Maybe you’ll have to buy it from the Windows store instead of Steam, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah, going forward you should expect PC versions of every Microsoft game. Most you have to buy through the Windows 10 store, though.

Like I said, might as well get swept under a rug. :(

What’s the last PC game published by Microsoft? Wasn’t it some kind of Halo Spartan Assault action thing that exactly no one played?

-Tom

Probably Gears of War:UE, Quantam Break, Killer Instinct 3 and Forza Apex are recent high profile IPs?

Speaking aside, is there any hope for PC-Xbox One crossplay co-op in Dead Rising 4? (if the PC version is confirmed)

Ah, right, sharaleo. Although it speaks volumes that I don’t even know what Quantum Break is. Also, those are all Xbox One only, right?

So, yeah, I really hope Microsoft isn’t publishing State of Decay 2.

-Tom

They’re all WIndows 10 games, Tom! Windows 10: Give in to It!

Quantum Break is on XB1 and Windows 10. It’s the game that ‘showcased’ DX12 and UWP.

One year timed exclusive for Microsoft, according to Capcom reps at E3.

Oh, Capcom. What have you done?

-Tom