Dead Space (no spoliarz)

Just me or does Isaac look a bit more nimble?

Did they make the necromorphs way more human sounding? Listen to the guy yell at 10:44. It kinda sounds comical.

Another month until we can get our hands on it, but it’s gold folks!

And stupid me decided to replay the original on my steam deck over Xmas :-)

I never played the original, so I am going double bill on this one.

I always feel a slight thrill and pleasure when I see this thread bubble up.

I cringe at my own posts in this thread though.

Phase 1: Arrrgh, why are you guys posting spoilers that the game takes place in space?
Phase 2: I love the controls, but the story is garbage. This is Doom 3, not System Shock 2.
Phase 3: Even though I don’t care about story, why can’t I stop playing this game?
Phase 4: I love this game so much. But why?
Phase 5: Finished it, restarted on New Game+. This game is the best.
Phase 6: Finished it on impossible difficulty, this game and me are best buds.

Also, it was interesting to re-read this post. If forgeforsaken is right, and the silent protagonist was one of the main reasons the game’s story was held back, that problem should be solved in the remake, since they’re giving Isaac a voice? We shall see.

I guess I don’t care too much about character development in a haunted house story.

I don’t see how Isaac rambling about his wife could possibly improve the experience, which is fine, he just needs to be my lens into this fucked up house.

I guess they’re making Isaac more of a ‘character’, for lack of a better word, like he was in the sequels. Rather than just being a blank player avatar, I suppose is the flip side. I don’t have a strong feeling either way, I guess the industry is getting away from the whole silent Gordon Freeman player character. I’m too much a sucker for this kind of sci-fi/horror thing to pass it by, even if these folks are constantly yapping in my ear.

I agree with you guys, I don’t see how Isaac talking could necessarily improve the story in any way. I’m personally fine with silent protagonists, still, even in 2022. But it should be interest as an experiment anyway, maybe I’ll like it.

As long as creepy Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is still played in the background of.one level, isaac can chat all he likes about his missing girlfriend.

Launch trailer! Two weeks to go!

Yes yes yes

God, I love the scene of Isaac sprinting into space, I don’t remember that from the game. In fact, I’ve forgotten most of the smaller moments from the game, so this should be a perfect time to revisit it.

Bear in mind this is not a one to one recreation of the first game. They’ve said the Ishiguro will be much more open, for one thing, and not a set of discrete levels like the original. You might be seeing new stuff in the trailer.

I think Dead Space and Vanquish were the only games I platinumed on the PS3 (the only contemporary console I’ve owned). Thought it was great but never played the sequels - I ended up having to sell the PS3 in order to feed myself or w/evs at the time.

Cautiously optimistic about this? I really enjoyed the RE2 remake, I hope they put as much care and attention into it as that. I’m still undecided on the whole ‘remake vs just making a new game’ issue. RE2 was 90s, after all, so looked terrible, and yeah, Dead Space looks a little dated but still seems kinda cool?

Anyay, love body horror sci-fi tho I never bothered with The Callisto Protocol due to the PC port problems. Not sure this will be a day one purchase given that plus I’ve got a lot of winter sale gaming to enjoy for the next month or two (at least).

The game is not old enough for a remake. The original is still highly playable and looks good. /shrug

The only remake in development that is both needed and deserved is System Shock.

New Isaac and Nicole look bad

Also don’t like the woke changes, not gonna buy this game. The original is much superior.

Goddamn librul EA and their woke agenda.

What exactly are we looking at here? One of those dudes is named Nicole?

The space zombie attacked me for using the wrong pronouns. They also removed Issac’s MAGA hat that he had in the 2008 original. Wokeness ruins everything.

If the dude on the left is the new Isaac and the dude on the right is Nicole, it really is unacceptable. I ain’t playing no goddamn ginger.