Deadhaus Sonata - Denis Dyack's Back With F2P, Baby!

Dyack and his new studio Apocalypse are developing a F2P, horror-themed action-rpg on Amazon’s Lumberyard engine.

“We are combining elements of many of my past games into Deadhaus Sonata,” Dyack told IGN. “Deadhaus Sonata is a cooperative multiplayer, free-to-play RPG where you are an unstoppable force of the dead. There are Lovecraftian overtones from Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem, the gothic role-playing elements of Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain, where you are undead, and finally, some the action RPG elements of Too Human.” Apocalypse described Deadhaus as “a combination of fast action, loot collection, and deep gothic lore [that] is sure to usher in a universe where gamers can explore a dark mythology like none other.”

I won’t rule out any possibility of it being good but I have deep doubts.

This will suck.

C’mon he can’t keep trading on Eternal Darkness and Legacy of Kain when his most recent work was X-Men Destiny. And Too Human.

I mean, X-Men Destiny wasn’t complete garbage. Just not very interesting. And Too Human was actually pretty cool in a lot of ways. But there’s zero reason to trust Dyack at this point, especially with free to play, and I have to imagine that he wasn’t the only creative force on the good games Silicon Knights did, and I doubt the other key people are all (or even majority) still working with him.