Deadliest Warrior: The Game

I can’t believe I’m saying this. But this game is actually pretty awesome. Well, it’s awesome if you have fond memories of Bushido Blade and liked that sort of game play.

It’s elegantly designed, very fast, and incredibly deadly. Matches don’t last much longer than 20 seconds and sometimes end in 1-2 seconds. Seriously, it’s like the makers decided to just take Bushido Blade and slap a new skin on top of it.

So if you like that sort of game, like the idea of a Viking fighting a Pirate, and don’t demand BlazBlue complex combos… you might want to try the demo.

A quick word on the cons, though. The minigames are horrible. I wish there was an option to turn them off. Also, for some reason the devs made it so you have to exit out of a game entirely if you want to change characters or locations when playing head to head. I hope they patch that, because it’s a huge pita.

Anyway, overall I’m loving the old school nature of this game!

Bushido Blade matches could last ages if both players were good. I distinctly remember a match a friend and I had after we had figured out how to defend properly and it went on for about 20 minutes. When both players know what they’re doing you really have to look for an opening and capitalize on an opponent’s mistake, which if both players are good becomes rare.

It’s downloading now. I’m excited to try it.

I like this game as well. Another quick note: For some reason the game’s AI defaults to Hard mode. As a person who sucks at games, I found this pretty miserable at hard difficult and recommend turning it down to Normal before playing.

Thanks for the heads-up – I loooooves me some Bushido Blade.

Well, if you want to practice decapitating people, hit me up on XBL. L77tigator.